{Three: Teenage Dream}

Songs for the chapter:

Runaway- Bon Jovi

The Way You Make Me Feel- Michael Jackson

Hotter Than Hell- KISS

{J A X}

Like a good leader should, I sat there and listened.

Not that the bitching and moaning of the group wasn't annoying, because it was. But that was part of the bitter pill I had to swallow, since the group of misfits sitting beside me followed my every word.

"God damn it," Danny hissed, kicking at the stray pebbles on the ground. "You know how much it's gonna cost Moms for transportation into the city every day? And all just 'cause some richie-rich school district feels bad for us 'poor people'."

He looked at me for confirmation, and even when I didn't respond he kept talking.

"You know, we don't need they dirty money, Jax. We are just fine on this side of the bridge."

Vick nodded slightly and flipped her fluffy brown hair, puffing on a cigarette.

"What are we gonna do, Jax?"

"Daniel is right," said Tyrell, watching his twin brother scratch down notes no one will ever read. "It seems like a lot of hassle, with no benefit for us. I mean-"

"Shut the hell up," I snapped, having heard as much complaining from them as I could.

"Can't you see what's right in front of your faces?"

They all fell silent. Vick dropped her cigarette in the dirt and stamped it out with the heel of her stiletto. Tyrell watched his brother write, Danny tugged at the collar of his coat with aggravation.

I growled under my breath.

"We claim a quarter of Chicago, don't we?"

I paced in front of them with my hands clasped behind my back.

"Now, we can claim the richie-rich part of the city, where all the good shit is. Don't you see? This is the best thing that could'a happened for us. Now we'll be running the streets of half the city, and everyone will know our names."

Vick's eyebrows dipped in concentration. "We'll be spread awful thin, Jax."

"Don't you worry about that. I got people," I assured her.

She gave me those stupid puppy eyes she always did, letting me know that she'd definitely wanna talk about this after I was done fucking her into oblivion.

Tyrell's twin brother, Maurice, looked down the alley to a shadowy figure approaching.

"Our newest friend," he said sarcastically. "Perhaps she'll have some useful insight."