{Eighteen: Saboteur}

Songs for the Chapter:

Tears Are Falling- KISS

The Lady In My Life- Michael Jackson

Scars on this Guitar- Bon Jovi

{J A X}

I saw the look in her eye as soon as she spotted the flyer.

"That fucking prick," I spat distastefully and tore the flimsy piece of paper off the side of the lamp post. "Advertising, trying to win over these soft-headed rich people. I can't believe he'd advertise for his own rager around here."

The night breeze blew softly. Her dark ginger curls fluttered aimlessly beside her perfect face.

"He is one of them, after all."

Her eyes flitted to the ground. My stomach churned a little. How the hell did she know that? How the hell would she know anything about him after what I told her to do?

"Yeah?" I said roughly, tugging her toward my front door and away from the street. "And how would you know something like that?"

"I'm not stupid you know," she said smartly. "I've heard things."

She'd been short with me lately. I couldn't tell whether it irritated me or turned me on, or possibly some combination of both. I got the feeling she was hiding something from me-- a normal man might've been bothered by it.

But me? No. Everything done in the dark eventually reaches me.

I took her into the house, irritated to find that Vick, Danny, and the twins were already waiting for me. They'd helped themselves to my fucking food.

Danny looked up with a dorito in his mouth. "Hey. Thought you might be out a little longer... so we raided the kitchen..."

I gave him an irritated glance. "Yeah, whatever. The fuck do you guys want?"

Vick stopped her intense glaring at Little Red for a moment. "You did hear about that rager going on in our territory didn't you?"

"And?"

"Plans of action!" Danny said urgently. "You know this is crucial."

Little Red looked at Vick with obvious disgust. "You know, I'm not too keen on catching syphilis. God knows it's radiating in here," she said, eyes narrowing at Vick. "I'll catch you later Jax, when you don't have company."

"No," I quickly shut her down. "This won't take long. I want you when I'm done."

She sighed, looking reluctantly at the door. She resolved to go lean against the wall with her head down, eyes closed, and her arms crossed.

Danny looked at her skeptically, and then to me. "You wanna talk about this type of shit with her around?"

"Does she look like she's paying attention?" I snapped.