Dare to dream?

Arizona, May 2014

It feels like I have been walking for miles and miles, but the scenery remains the same. How could that be? Am I going round and round in circles?I am lost! The sun will go down soon and I have no idea where I am.

This morning I was enjoying a peacefull walk in a park by myself, to try and clear my head from all the stress in my life, and somehow, I ended up here. But where is here? I looked around me and all I saw was grass, tree's and a small river up ahead banked with an assortment of beautiful,colorful flowers.

I looked at my wrist watch and it was almost eight o'clock. I have a dinner party to go to tonight and it looks like I will be late for it. My cell phone died hours ago because I forgot to charge it last night. My stomach is growling. I have not eaten since this morning, and to top off all that, I am now officially lost!

Today was really a weird day. All sorts of things happened and by far the weirdest was this morning when a strange, old man with a walking cane approached me and told me the weirdest thing. He warned me not to roam this part of the park after sunset because legend says that a portal opens up at sunset every ten years in May on this exact day, and people have been known to dissapear through it. I started to laugh thinking he was playing a joke on me, but I was stopped short by the expression on the old mans face.

"You dont believe me do you? No one ever believes me! My wife dissapeared through that portal over fifty years ago!" He looked at me dead serious without blinking. "I have not seen her since. All I know is that she dissapeared right in front of my eyes." he cried. "I loved her. Mary was the love of my life." he said softly, lowering his eyes that were full of tears, before he walked away.

He was probably senile, poor thing.

By now the sun was almost gone. I frantically looked around me, I must find my way out of this park before nightfall or I risk spending the night in this park all by myself. terrified of that thought, I started running until I ran out of breath, and as I stopped to catch a breather I saw up ahead of me, about five yards away, a weird kind of light about seven feet in height and four feet in width. The bright light looked as if it was water and waves of light swayed in front of me, as if it was inviting me to step through it. I was hypnotized.

Moving closer, I stared at it not believing what my eyes were showing me. Could this be real or is it some kind of trick? Slowly I inched foward and stretched out my arm and with

my finger I tried to see if it was pokable.

Immediately something grabbed my hand and pulled me into the light.

AUTHORS NOTE: Hello everyone, thanks for reading the beginning of my new story. I hope you stick around and keep reading as i write this story, i would love your support, if you can please hit the vote button and show your support. thank you kindly, and i will update right away.

I