"It's only 12:30, don't be a pussy," Maks taunted, gently punching my arm before chuckling, "Have a good time at Mason's graduation tomorrow, I'm sure it'll be a snooze fest."

It would be, but I was forced to go anyway even though I'm twenty and shouldn't have to listen to fuck all that my dad said. He had a hold over me because he was paying for things that me or my mom couldn't. While working at the garage I didn't make a whole lot but I had high aspirations. Mom was doing well but compared to dad, neither of us was as wealthy as him.

Needless to say, I couldn't afford gas for the fancy car my dad had given me or the car insurance for it along with other bills. That was what dad held over my head, he would help me out as long as I acted like a part of the family because he knew how unwilling I was.

Tomorrow Mason was graduating high school and dad had forced me in to going even though I had zero interest.

I walked out to my Mustang, my pride and joy, getting in the driver's side. As I started the car I grabbed the bottle of water that was in the drink holder and downed some quickly, attempting to help myself begin to sober up sooner rather than later but I knew that it wasn't coming anytime soon.

I was wasted but my dad's house wasn't far away. I could be there in under three minutes.

While driving home I turned my radio on blast, drowning out the world around me. Sometimes it was nice to ignore everything else and to just focus on anything but my life. Anything at all.

***

"Thomas, get up. We have twenty minutes until we have to leave," Dad said before closing my bedroom door.

I felt immobile, my head pounding and my body having no energy whatsoever. The last thing I wanted to do was attend a three hour ceremony to watch Mason walk on stage to accept a diploma for ten seconds. It was a waste of time, something I didn't even do for myself.

I rolled onto my back and looked up at the ceiling, knowing I had no other choice but to move. I needed aspirin and water desperately.

Unwillingly, I stood from my bed and groaned from the ache in my head. The aftermath of getting drunk sucked, but while it was happening it all seemed worth it.

When I walked out of my bedroom I made my way downstairs stairs to the powder room where all of the medication was kept and searched the cabinet for aspirin.

"Did you really have to get drunk when you knew we had your brother's graduation today?" I heard my dad's voice and turned to see him in the doorway.

I rolled my eyes, "I didn't... I'm just tired and I have a headache."

"Yeah, it's called a hangover, bud." He walked to the cabinet and took the aspirin from the top shelf, passing it to me, "I'll get Allison to make you some tea, it helps."

"No. I don't need her tea," I objected, not wanting any help from my dad but especially Allison, "I'm going to take a shower and I'll be ready soon."

I made a move towards the door but dad's voice stopped me again, "Tommy, don't ruin today for him."

"Well, dad. If you were so concerned about me fucking everything up maybe you shouldn't force me to go," I responded sourly, shrugging my shoulders nonchalantly.