Where's Eustace?

Caspian's POV
Before I can strike Edmund, the girls get in the way. I barely stopped myself before accidentally stabbing Ellie.

"Stop it! Both of you! Look at yourselves, can't you see what's happening?" Lucy snaps.

"This place, this pond, it tempted you. It bewitched you. Coriakin warned us about this." Ellie adds, sounding a little pained.

"Let's just get out of here." Lucy sighs, as they walk away. I turn and hear a splash behind me. Edmund threw the shell away.

Silently, we make our way back to the rope, tension still fills the air. Ellie very quietly whispers to Marku and Rosie, grasping her left arm tightly.

"What happened?" I hear Rosie faintly ask.

"I'll tell you when when we get on the boat." Ellie murmurs. Is...Is she bleeding? Did Edmund accidentally hurt her? No, that's her left arm. I did that. I hurt her. Me.

"Oh no. Ellie I'm so sorry." I whisper.

"Caspian, it's ok." Ellie answers.

"No, it's not. I hurt you, Ellie." I reply.

"It's-" She begins.

"Why do you always say it's ok when I hurt you?" I question.

"Cause...I'll tell you later." She replies as we arrive at the beach.

"What food did you find?" I ask them.

"It's volcanic, Your Majesties. Not much grows." Mr. Rhince replies.

"There's hardly even any fish out there!" Rosie exclaims, swimming ashore.

"Where's Eustace?" Lucy pries.

"I believe he's out not helping us load the boats." Reep answers.

"Eustace? Eustace! Edmund, I have a bad feeling." Lucy says worriedly.

"I'll go find him." Edmund sighs.

"I'll come with you." I volunteer, still feeling guilty about what happened in the cave.

We wander about the island, calling out for him. We pass a little valley filled with golden trinkets.

"Treasure." Ed says.

"Trouble." I add. We carefully climb down, and see a pair of smoldering shoes. Eustace's.

"Eustace!" Ed exclaims.

A few feet further are his clothes, burned and smoky.

"No! Oh, cousin." He sighs sadly.

"I'm sorry." I answer sympathetically.

"He was just a boy. I never should've left him. What could've happened to him?" He asks.

"In this place? Anything. And he wasn't the first. It's Lord Octesian! We should find his...sword." I say, pausing when I realize Edmund already found it.

As we walk back to the Dawn Treader, I hear massive wings flapping. I turn and quickly duck, seeing a massive golden dragon soaring just above our heads.

His colossal dragon claws open as he flies to Edmund!

"Edmund! Ed!" I shout in warning, but it was too late.