The Seven Lords and Tall Tales

Author's POV
"Since you left us, the Giants of the North have surrendered unconditionally. Then we defeated the Calaman army in the Great Desert. There's peace across all of Narnia." Caspian says proudly, pointing to each territory on a map.

"Peace? Just like that?" Elizabeth asks, surprised.

"Just like that." Marku confirms.

"And in just three years." Caspian adds.

"And have you found yourself a queen in those three years?" Lucy asks with a smile.

"No. Not one to compare with your sister." Caspian admits.

"I'm sure you will, someday." Elizabeth comforts, rubbing her hand up and down his back lovingly.

"So if there are no wars to fight, and no one's in trouble, then why are we here?" Edmund inquires.

"That's a good question. I've been asking myself the same thing." Caspian agrees.

"Maybe Aslan knew how done we were with being in Cambridge and gave us a break?" Elizabeth suggests kiddingly.

"No, he'd have left Eustace behind." Edmund scoffs with a smirk.

"Where are we sailing?" Lucy asks.

"Before I took back the throne from my uncle, he tried to kill my father's closest friends and most loyal supporters, the Seven Lords of Telmar." Caspian explains, turning to look at their sketches hung up on a wall.

"I remember them! Lord Bern used to bring me candy. Didn't they escape to the Lone Islands?" Elizabeth pries, a smile appearing on her face as she remembered the happy memory from her childhood.

"Yes. No one's heard from them since." He finishes, pointing to the Lone Islands on the map.

"So you think something's happened to them?" Edmund pries.

"If there ever has, it's my duty to find out." Caspian answers.

"Well what's east of the Lone Islands?" Lucy questions.

"Uncharted waters. Things you could barely imagine. Tales of sea serpents, and worse." The captain answers, as a somewhat scared look grows on Lucy and Elizabeth's faces.

"Sea serpents?" Edmund scoffs with a grin.

"Alright, captain. That's enough of your tall tales." Caspian says, biting into a green apple.