{12} Nico x Reader

You looked at your phone screen nervously. Should I really tell him my feelings? Will he feel the same way? Those questions and many more went through your head as you tapped the send button.

Your best friend sat next to you staring at the screen as well. "There you go, (Y/n)! That wasn't so hard to tell Nico you have a crush on him."

You bit your lip. "What if he doesn't like me back?" You ask (B/f/n).

"Don't worry about it. It will all be fine!" Your phone buzzes and blinks with a green light. "That's probably him right now anyway!" Your best friend exclaims.

You look at the notification to see it read, ti amo anch'io. You looked at it confusedly. "What does that say?" You question your friend.

She laughed and just kept on saying, "Awwww! That's so adorable!!" That made you even more confused.

"I don't know any Italian and I know you do, so what does it say?" You ask anxiously.

She takes in a deep breath. "It says, 'I love you too'!"

You stare at the screen in shock. You can't believe that your crush likes you back. It makes you nervous and speechless to the point you don't text him back.

~°~°~

It has been three days since you both confessed. You didn't text him, get near him at camp, or even look at him during that span of time.

All of a sudden you get a text from Nico, Does this mean we're together?

You hadn't thought about that. You scramble for an answer that sounded good. You reply with, I don't know. Are you asking me?

You watch as Nico opens the message, and then it shows "DeathBreath is typing..." You sit and stare at the screen for what feels like forever to you, due to your racing heart. His message finally pops up, I guess I am. So yes.

You quickly type back, Then yes, we are together. Your heart flutters at the thought of you having your first boyfriend.

~°~°~

You and Nico have been dating for a little over three months now and you've hit a rough spot. You're currently watching a movie together in his cabin.

"Nico, is everything okay? We've been dating for over three months now and you haven't even held my hand or given me a hug." You move your head to look at him.

"You know I'm backwards, and I don't really show affection. Trust me though, I love you," Nico said with a smile.

"Okay," you quietly acknowledge. You sigh and continue to watch the movie.

Halfway through the movie Nico got bored with it. "Can we play some videogames instead?" He questions.

You think for a second and reply, "Sure, I wasn't that focused on the movie anyway."

Nico hops up excitedly to turn on his Xbox One. "Thanks (Y/n)!" He shouts.

"No problem," you mutter, knowing he's going to put in a single player game. You were correct as you see the loading screen for Fallout 4. You sigh while walking out of his cabin, and Nico doesn't even notice.

~°~°~

You and Nico are five days shy of dating for five months. To you it doesn't even feel like you're dating. Nico never talks to you anymore, or even looks at you. You've cried yourself to sleep every night because of it, and you've had enough.

You run around camp trying to find Nico. You finally spot him by the lake talking to Percy. "Hey, Nico," you call out.

He turns around to see you and has the look of a strained smile. Percy waves bye to Nico and waves at you as he walks away. "Oh, h-hey," he says.

You take a deep breath preparing yourself for your next words. "N-nico I-I'm breaking up w-with you," you stutter.

"Okay," Nico says giving you no expressions whatsoever.

"You aren't bothered by this?" You question.

"Not really," he confesses. Nico then walks off to where Percy was and continued talking to him.

※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※
So that one shot was inspired by how my first relationship went. That was exactly how we broke up. That's part of the reason why I haven't been updating. I'm also currently working on my various x reader book, and it should have an update out later today(as long as I can type it out fast enough). Also, I don't have any idea for the next one shot, so, please, leave a request down in the comments! Any who, see you later!

~Grace