Chapter eight ~ Aren't you sweet!

Start from the beginning

“Welcome back to another year of cooking,” he smiled before picking up a piece of paper. “Today to welcome you back we will be baking a simple chocolate sponge cake. Here are the recipes now get to it,” he clapped his hands together signally to start. You grabbed a recipe and looked it over.

“Looks simple enough,” you nodded at the page.

“I’m going to make mine in the shape of a love heart,” Juvia smiled at Grey.

“I’m just going for traditional round,” Grey replied. You could not believe how blind he was to the fact Juvia liked him or maybe his just ignoring it on purpose? Who knows? You set to work baking your cake concentrating really hard at balancing your magic levels so that your cake wouldn’t end up as Sebastian put it, ‘demonic’. After a lot of hard work and plenty of spilt flour your cake was finished.

“Ta-da,” you said putting the final touches on. You had iced it and put little peaks of cream around the edges. It looked awesome!

“That’s amazing -----!” Juvia congratulated you on a cake well baked.

“How did yours turn out?” you asked turning to look at the pile of oozing, undercooked goo in front of her. She must definitely be a water mage.

“I couldn’t get it to maintain its shape,” she sighed deflated.

“It’s not that bad,” you tried to comfort her. “What about yours Grey?” You turned to see his.

“Oh mine turned out fine,” He said coolly. Oh how wrong he was. Before him stood a frozen block of what should have been his cake.

“Um Grey you’re supposed to bake it in the oven not the freezer,” you told him shaking your head.

“I did,” he said looking at it not noticing anything wrong. Okay Grey is definitely an ice mage. Sebastian came over to check the cakes and he seemed awfully disappointed to see yours had turned out fine.

“What do you think,” you beamed at Sebastian smugly as he eyed your cake.

“Mediocre,” he scoffed arrogantly.

“Really? I’d like to see you do better,” You challenged.

“Oh but I already have,” a sly grin spread across his face as he turned toward his teachers bench at the front. You followed his gaze to the front of the room and your jaw immediately dropped. Sitting on Sebastian’s bench was a four layered sponge cake with cream filling, chocolate icing and delicate flowers made of pink and white icing cascading down the side. What the hell kind of cook was he? You quickly picked your jaw up off the floor and flicked your head to the side.

“Show off,” You scoffed before going to look at everyone else’s cakes. Most of the class’s cakes did turn out fine apart from a few. The worst was Axel’s which was so badly burnt it was barely even a pile of ash.

The class all headed out to break and everyone except Kairi and Selphie sat down to share their cakes before the next class. Yuna, Rikku and Paine came over to you all smiles. Well except Paine but you were pretty sure she just wasn’t the smiley type.

“I can’t believe how awesome you are -----,” Rikku jumped on you giving you a hug.

“Thanks,” You looked at the girls questioningly, “Why exactly am I awesome?” you were a little confused as to why you were gaining this praise.

“You worked with Juvia and Grey,” Paine vaguely explained.

“And that’s impressive?” you still didn’t know what they meant.

“It’s very impressive because Juvia normally never lets any work with her and Grey. She’s very possessive,” Yuna finally explained. “I didn’t know you guys were such great friends.”

“Well I met her yesterday but she seems really nice,” you said truthfully.

“You must have made some first impression,” Rikku said. You thought back and couldn’t think of anything special you had done. “cause Juvia normally only really hangs out with the girls in ‘fairy’ dorm.” Rikku continued. Was it because I asked her to be friends? You thought but before you could ask Genesis walked up to your little group.

“We should start heading to our next class,” he told you as you noticed everyone else getting ready to head to class too.

“Sure, where to?” You asked as Genesis guided you over to Zexion.

“General science,” Genesis replied, “and if you don’t want to get blown up it’s probably best to sit with us.” He added with a grin.

A/N: Sorry guys that this chapter is so short. I really wanted to write more but I haven’t really had the time. I just started year 12 and let’s just say school sucks. I have so much homework I don’t know what to do with it all. I have no idea why I decided to study Physics but it’s so annoying AHHH! … Anyway now my little rants over I want to let you know that it’s going to be hard for me to do frequent updates but I’m going to try and post something every couple of weeks. Sorry if this chapter was a bit dull but it should start picking up soon with the more... physical classes, he he he... See ya next time!!!