The thought of Danzō supervising my training was a... discomforting one. He was a paranoid, power-hungry man. If I trained for a long period of time under him... he would undoubtedly know something was off about me. My cover would be in danger.

Besides, I didn't need training in the Wood-Style. Madara would teach me everything I needed to know, and then some.

So, I ignored the unsettled feeling I had in my gut, and I continued my journey to home.

(ง ⌣ ~ ⌣)

"I see," was all Madara said when I informed him of the development.

I was done training with him that night, and I was dressed out in my pajamas. A blanket was wrapped around the both of us, as the cave had gotten chillier seeing how winter approached. I was curled up at his side, my knees pulled up to me so my chin rested on top of them.

"What would you like me to do, Madara-sama?"

Madara did not look me, but rather, his eyes remained locked on the orange-leafed tree that wrapped around his throne. "Danzō is an issue that will be resolved at a later date. We cannot interfere with him too much, as you are not strong enough - politically nor physically - to dance with him. It would be best to limit your contact with him as much as possible. With that in mind, it would appear strange if you did not accept his invitation."

"I believe he will want to train me."

At that, Madara's eyes narrowed a fraction. "Most likely. You will need to decline his offer."

"Very well," I said.

"Be polite about it, though, but be firm," Madara went on. "It would be best not to make enemies of him, but I do not want you near him any more than necessary. Before you leave tomorrow morning, take a portion of Zetsu with you. It's time I added my own supervision to him."

That's right, I thought, Zetsu's spore abilities allow Madara to track whomsoever they are attached to, as well as record whatever they 'see'. Although, I am uncertain to how that ability will work while they are still in their spore form. No matter...

"Yes, Madara-sama," I said.

"Kushina will be gone tomorrow for a week, yes?"

"Yes."

"Then you may stay here for the week if you choose," Madara responded. "We need to make sure you catch up on your lost sleep. When is the graduation exam?"

"Within the month, Madara-sama."

"Good."

(ง ⌣ ~ ⌣)

"You know you can always talk to Minato if you need anything," Kushina said, bending down and kissing my cheek. "It's just a week. I'll be back before you know it, dattebane!"

I kissed her cheek in return, smiling. "I'll be okay, Nee-chan. Do you have everything?"

Kushina straightened up, strands of her fiery hair coming loose from her ponytail. She gave me a grin, her eyes sparkling. With one hand, she patted a singular scroll strapped to her waist. "Don't be silly, of course I have everything. Now you be good while I'm gone."

"I will."

"I know," Kushina replied, turning and opening the front door. "Oh! Good morning, Kakashi-kun."

I blinked in surprise, hurrying over to Kushina's side and peering from behind her to find Kakashi at our front door. His hands were shoved in his pocket and he looked up at Kushina.