•Blind Date Of Doom•

Start from the beginning

"You didn't like any of the dates?" she asked surprised.

"Was I supposed to?" Harry asked sarcastcally while taking a sip of his rapidly cooling tea, peeking over the rim at her.

"Uh duh! That's what dates are for. Okay so lets make a list of what ran you off, shall we?" she placed her finger to her chin before speaking again. "Lee was nice, right?"

"Sure, nice enough, but he spent the entire time gawking over my dad's career."

Pansy shrugged.

"Sports make him highstrung. Okay, what about...Drew?"

"The fortune teller?" He shook his head while shrugging and holding back a chuckle. "No thank you."

"Yeah, okay. Jeremy?"

"He came in NAKED! Then trashed my burger!"

"Okay, so he's a bit of an...acquired taste." She shrugged before breaking a piece of Harry's muffin and popping it in her mouth not bothering to just order one herself.

"What about Millicent?"

"No."

"Bu-"

"No, Pansy."

"But-"

"Let's pretend it never happened."

"She-"

"It. Never. Happened."

"Thomas?"

"Is married," Harry said with his forehead pressed to the counter.

"Well yes, but he assured me that it would be over soon," she said it conspiratorially like this was something Harry really needed to hear.

"They've been married for five years and she hasn't even thought of leaving him, has she?"

"N-not in so many words, but-"

"Just let it go, Pansy. Thanks for the help." He went to stand then, but she immediately gripped his arm.

"Just one more. I promise this is the last one and this one is quite picky." When Harry pried his arm away and continued walking to the door she yelped and stopped him. "Think of it as me setting them up instead of the other way around. They didn't like any of the dates I sent them on either."

"And you think they'll like me?"

"Not at first..." she mumbled but Harry heard and continued walking to the door. "Stop! Listen, I don't know how to explain it. I feel like he'll like you, but... he's a bit- well you'll see. Please?" She stuck out her lip in a mock pout and Harry frowned.

"Whatever," he groaned as she smiled happily at him.

"Here? This afternoon? 4-ish? Wear something nice."

"Why does it feel like I don't have a choice?"

She sent him one of her signature wicked grins before he shook his head and left. He had planned on going home and watching a movie, but now he had to start getting ready for his last blind date.