Chapter Five

Levi's Point of View

The next morning I softly open (Y/n)'s door and peer inside. She's still unconscious.

I enter, closing the door behind me, making sure to be as silent as I can manage. I grip the bouquet of orchids in my hand, the strong fragrance making my nose tickle. I saw some orchids in the pots outside her house. I'm assuming she likes them.

I set them in a vase on her nightstand and turn to walk away. I find myself incapable of taking my eyes off of her resting body. She sleeps so peacefully, her only movements being her chest as she breathes deeply.

She looks... Beautiful

My heart beats a little faster. I can't explain the feeling, but I haven't ever felt it before. It's peculiar and unknown, but pleasant all the same.

I sit down in the chair beside her bed, resting my elbows on my thighs.  I gaze at her for a long moment, my mind roaming.

Your Point of View

I awake in the little room by the infirmary. I blink a few times, the warm sunlight beaming through the lace curtains of the window making my head throb.

I notice something in my peripheral vision and I peer over, noticing Levi sitting on the chair beside my bed, his eyes focused on me. His gaze seems glazed over as if he's in a different realm in his mind.

He blinks a few times, his eyes meeting mine 

"Good morning, Cadet."He doesn't sound at all tired, despite it being early in the morning, though he still speaks in his dreary monotone voice.

"Good morning, Captain." I sit up, leaning against the wall, wincing at the pain in my head and joints. 

"How are you feeling?"

"I'm in pain," I respond honestly. "But... I'm glad to be alive." 

He reaches over, tenderly pulling my hair back and observing my forehead. He pulls a white handkerchief out of his back pocket. He also pulls out a small silver flask from his side pocket. He unscrews the cap, pouring some clear liquid onto the cloth. 

"Don't worry, it's just water." He says as he leans in, bringing the cloth to my face, gently wiping across my forehead and along my temple. When he pulls it away I see a burgundy substance staining the pure white of the silk cloth. 

  There's something about being around him, knowing how tough he is, that is both comforting and terrifying all at the same time.  

I hear a soft knock on the door, Hanji entering the room a moment later. 

"Oh, hello Captain. I didn't expect you to be in here. What brings you up here?"

"I just came up to check on our recovering Cadet, four eyes." 

She narrows her eyes at me and Levi when she sees him slip the handkerchief and flask back into his pocket. "What is going on here?" Her voice is suspicious, but I sense a hint of humour to it.

"Nothing," Levi says, getting up from his chair. He pushes it back, the legs scuffing loudly against the floor, making me wince. Then he pushes past Hanji and he swiftly exits the room.

I meet Hanji's surprised gaze. She grins, giggling almost maniacally. She walks over, the stethoscope around her neck swinging with each step.

"I saw a flask. He wasn't giving you alcohol, was he?" She asks, sitting on the edge of the bed beside me. 

"No, it was just water. He cleaned some blood off my face."

She peers up at me over the top of her glasses. "He was cleaning your face?"

She gently takes my face between her hands, feeling the back of my skull and looking closely in my eyes.

"Yes. Why do you sound so surprised?"

"He's always been a strange human. I've found Titans that are more social and compassionate than him." She examines the stitches on the top of my forehead.
"How are you feeling today?"

"My head still hurts and I'm sensitive to light and sound."

"Symptoms of the concussion." She mutters, her voice still enthusiastic even at a lower volume. "That should probably start feeling better within the next week. For now, I'll give you some pain medication to help the pain."

"Will I be able to get up later?" I'm curious to explore around the grounds.

"You need to rest. There's no need to rush anything. As soon as you're better you'll have plenty of time to be a social butterfly."

"Okay." I try not to sound disappointed. I was hoping I'd run into the Captain.

She finishes her examination and she gets up to leave. Before she does, she peers down at something on my bedside table that wasn't there last night.

"There are flowers. I just noticed."

"They're orchids. Orchids are my favourite flower. I wonder..." I trail off, my eyes darting over to the door. 

Hey everyone. Sorry for the late update. I have decided to update every Monday- Thursday to give me enough time to write and get ahead of schedule. But I was sick yesterday, and I don't have internet at home, so I was unable to upload. But more parts are coming, and at the scheduled date. I hope you guys are enjoying the story so far. Feel free to let me know what you think ^•^
ALSO WHAT DO YOU THINK OF SEASON 2
(avoid spoilers in the comments guys, be fair ;p)
I have a rugby tournament today (tomorrow, as of writing this) so I'll be inactive. But I'll be on tomorrow.
Thanks for reading, loves.
-Abby xoxo