Chapter Thirty-Five

Frank P.O.V

"Gee, who are you staring at?" I asked, having calmed Campbell down as soon as I picked him up. He was such a squishy little thing, and his blue eyes couldn't help staring up at me. I supposed that he found comfort from staring at things, but that was probably something that we wouldn't understand. Taking my attention away from the baby, I looked at Gerard. He seemed to be in some sort of stand off with somebody. I tutted, standing next to him to see what he was fussing over. "Oh." Was all that I could manage to say, and it seemed like my presence only made them more angry.

Gerard's brother, Mikey, was standing in the front yard. He looked drunk- from being a seasoned alcoholic I knew one as soon as I saw one, even from far away. I sighed, putting the baby back into his crib, wrapping his tiny body up. Standing next to Gerard again, I put a hand on his shoulder.

"Maybe I should go and talk to him." He said quietly, as his brother stood still outside. He looked as though he had been paralysed by his own anger. I rested my head against his arm, watching as his brother watched us.

"Do you want me to stand at the window so that I can call somebody if something happens?" I asked, as we continued to stare out of the window. He nodded, turning slowly, planting a kiss on my forehead. I smiled, folding my arms, watching him leave the room. I hoped that nothing would happen- if anything did, I would've had to have called the police. And, by calling them, they would've believed anything his brother said over anything we said. Gerard and I would be arrested, and Campbell would be taken away from us. The thought of that made me feel sick.

Campbell began to cry- not just whine, this time. I frowned, hurrying over to his crib. "It's okay, Daddy's here. Are you hungry?" I cooed, picking him out of his crib. His little face was all twisted into an artistic scowl- somehow, I felt like he was worrying about Gerard going out there. This was the first time that he had shown anything- sure, he's a newborn, but newborns cry a lot. Like a lot. I sighed, picking up his bag, taking him down to the kitchen.
•••
Gerard P.O.V

However much I loved my brother, despite his hatred towards me, I really didn't have time for his antics. I had a family to look after, and I didn't care for the fact that he hated my sexuality. I fumbled for the front door keys in the darkness, sighing as I shoved them into the door.

"Mikey, come one man, just come inside. You're drunk, and you should probably sleep." I said, after making my way over to him. I put my hand onto his shoulder. He brushed it off, as though he would catch some sort of disease from me.

"Why the fuck are you at my house?" He screamed at me, backing away. I sighed, rubbing my eyes. All that I wanted to do was sleep with my Frank, and be happy that my son was safe at the end of our bed.

"It's not your house Mikey, it's mom and dad's house. They bought it, so it's theirs. Please, just come inside. You're shouting, and the neighbour's will talk." I said calmly, trying to put my hand on his shoulder again to guide him towards the door. He pushed me away again, punching me in the arm. "Hey, there's no need for that. I'm just trying to help you." I said through my teeth, trying to keep my voice down. I hoped and prayed that nobody was watching or hearing us, I didn't want to spend time at police station.

"You can't help me. Why would you help me? I'm perfectly fine, it's you that needs help. Medical help. You're insane, you're mentally ill. And, you're probably contagious." He said, with a cheap laugh. I rolled my eyes, realising that there was no point in me trying to talk to him. Turning on my heel, I began to walk back towards the house. I didn't want to fight with him, I didn't even want to talk to him. I would upset myself if I said something to him that I didn't mean.

I heard him running, turning around again I saw him coming for me. I grabbed his shoulder, digging my fingers into his skin. I pushed him to the ground, putting my foot in the centre of his chest.

"Do not touch me, Michael. I was trying to help you, you just need to understand. I love Frank, I love our baby. I have enough respect for our parents to not cause anything between the both of us. So, come inside, and go to bed." I said sternly, watching him laugh beneath my foot. I kicked him lightly in the side, just to take the edge off my anger. He decided to lie there on the floor, laughing away to himself. I shook my head, disappointed in him. I went back inside, locking the door behind me. I wasn't going to keep the door open for him, because I didn't trust that I would wake up in the morning.

Putting the keys back onto the hook by the door, I wandered towards the kitchen. I heard somebody rattling around in there. It was Frank, he was singing to Campbell who was lying quietly in his arms. I stood in the doorway, smiling, watching him with admiration.
-------------------------------------------------------
Song Of The Chapter- Sweet Child O' Mine by Guns N' Roses

A.N
So, I've decided to just put up both of the stories that I mentioned in the previous chapter- BUT- only when this story is done. Otherwise it'll be too much for me and nothing would get done XD

Don't forget to comment and vote because it helps me out <3