Chapter Twelve

Frank P.O.V

"I- I understand." He said quickly, bounding after me. I stopped, confused, my attention wavering as I spotted a balled-up piece of paper on the floor by the door. I decided on grabbing it before I left, I wanted to read his writing.

"Sorry?" I asked, confused by what he meant. What was there to understand? Nothing, there was nothing to understand at all. Being gay wasn't something to just understand.

"I think I feel the same way. I'm not sure- well, I am. I always have been. I'm just scared to admit it," he began, his eyes looked as though they were about to spew tears, "I don't want to lose my family, I'm the only one that supports them." He said, his hands were shaking. I wanted to hold them, to tell him that it was all okay and that I knew how he felt. There was nothing to be scared of, nothing at all. Letting everything out was somewhat heroic in my eyes.

"It's okay, I promise. There's nothing to be so afraid about. It's better to tell somebody who understands, than to be thrown in at the deep end- like me." I reassured him, edging closer to calm his shaking arm. He looked down, confused as to why I was showing him any relief. A tear fell down his cheek. I pulled him into an awkward hug, reassuring him over and over again. He sniffled, the shoulders of my old shirt growing damper and damper as the seconds went by. I rocked him from side to side, calming him down.

"I-" he began, but I shushed him. He didn't need to speak, he was too upset to make any sense. I didn't know if it was the whiskey that he had been drinking, but in my eyes that didn't matter. It was a true emotion, that had been hiding behind his conscious mind.l, just waiting to get out.

Eventually he pulled away, wiping his red eyes with the back of his hand. He sniffled again, before balling his fists and rocking back and forth on the soles of his feet. I dug my hands into my pockets, waiting for his seemingly endless tears to cease.
"I'm sorry. I didn't expect to cry tonight. I mean, we barely even know each other and I've spilled one of my biggest secrets." He said quickly, biting his trembling lip to stop himself from crying.

"I'm good at keeping secrets. I've kept my own for as long as I can remember. You promise that you won't tell anybody else?" I shrugged, hoping that he would promise to not to. He nodded his head, wiping his eyes and sighing again.

"I'm uh- I'm Gerard by the way. I forgot that I hadn't told you my name." He said with a nervous laugh, I smiled, holding out my hand for him to shake.

"I'm Frank, nice to make your acquaintance Mr Gerard. Shouldn't you go to bed, it's way past midnight, and it's also a Monday." I said, nodding my head in the direction of the ugly clock on the wall.

"Shit, yeah. I forgot," he said, holding his hand in front of his eyes, moving his large fringe out of his face, "hey, do you want to do something tomorrow night? It doesn't matter if you don't." He said quickly, I felt as though he'd regretted asking me. But it was too late for him to take back his offer, as I already wanted to see him again.

"Of course." I said with a gracious smile, placing my little glass to my lips, drinking the last of the Whiskey. I put it down on his desk, eyeing up the little ball of paper by the door. He smiled weakly, opening his door for me like a gentleman. I subtly kicked the little ball of paper, into the corridor and out of view. I hugged him, thanking him for the whiskey. He said goodbye, liking miserable, and retreated back into his room. I stopped down to collect the paper, excitement brewing deep inside. I shoved it into the pocket of my old jeans, leaving my hands there to keep them warm.

I reached my room, closing the door after myself. After taking the little ball of paper from my pocket, I tossed my clothes into an untidy pile on the floor. I felt liberated being completely naked. I slipped into bed, pulling the covers over my body. My brain called out for me to sleep, so I decided that opening it and revealing Gerard's writing talents would have to wait until tomorrow. I leant over to switch my lamp off, after placing the ball of paper onto my bedside table.
I laid back, sleep struggling to take over me. I couldn't stop thinking about him. I didn't like how he had struggled with understanding himself for so long. He just needed somebody to know how he felt- me. I shook the thought from my head, feeling like me trying to throw myself at him would probably make him feel worse. The way that he spoke about it made me realise that he was conflicted.

I sighed, rolling over to face the window. I watched the trees religiously every night- only when I struggled to get to sleep. The way that they swayed lulled me to sleep. I yawned, closing my eyes, the image of Gerard automatically appearing in my mind.
-------------------------------------------------------
Song Of The Chapter- Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap by AC/DC

A.N
I love this story, I really do. No spoilers or anything but I've got a great end for it- you'll probably all hate me for it XD