Chapter Thirty-Three

Frank P.O.V

Gerard's parent's house was charming. It was well-kept, and it's adorable little garden at the front was something that I had always dreamed about having. I could imagine little Campbell running around here in the summer, Gerard and I watching him from the freshly-painted porch. I smiled, his arm around me as we walked towards the door. His mom was cradling the baby, chatting to him as he stared up at her. He hardly cried, I guessed that he just liked to listen to us all. There was definitely something about that boy, and I couldn't wait to watch him grow with Gerard. Mary would be looking down at him with adoring eyes.

The house smelled like a home- mostly of lemon, she must've cleaned a little before we got here. I smiled, watching Gerard shuffle up to her. She handed him the baby, going over to the couch. She patted the spot next to her, I obliged, shuffling over to her. We watched Gerard as he rocked the baby from side to side. We didn't even have to speak to know that we both loved him, admired him. The house was silent, but it was a pleasant silence. We must've watched him for an hour or so, until his dad joined us. He smiled at his son, as Gerard was deep in conversation with our baby. All of a sudden, Gerard stopped moving. He stood still, as though he was having a stand-off with a villain lingering outside the house.

"Gerard, honey, what's wrong?" His mom asked, getting up to join him where he stood. She muttered a simple 'oh' then told the both of us to go upstairs. Somebody knocked on the front door as we went upstairs, me carrying the baby, Gerard carrying our things. He led the way, taking me to his old room.

The walls were coated in a thick layer of posters, the curtains had been drawn for years. He hadn't come home here for a long time, probably because of his brother. His brother was probably the thing that had turned Gerard into a frozen ice sculpture. I placed Campbell gently down on the bed, wandering over to Gerard who was standing in the window. A blonde-haired boy was standing in the driveway, having a heated debate with Gerard's dad. He was pointing up at Gerard, waving his other hand around like a maniac. Whatever he was shouting about, his dad didn't agree with. He was shaking his head, his arms folded across his body. Mikey threw his hands into the air, before tucking them back into his pocket, turning on his heel and making a swift exit. Gerard breathed a sigh of relief, before turning around to wrap his arms around me. It was a surprise, but a pleasant one.

"What's wrong?" I asked, as he rocked me gently from side to side. He shook his head, I nodded. He was glad that his brother had decided to go wherever it was that he had gone to. We didn't need any trouble, especially with a baby. Campbell was lying on the bed, staring up at the ceiling. I was slightly worried that his lack of crying was something else- I had decided that I would ask Gerard's mom, she would know having raised two boys. "I'm so glad that dad's gotten rid of him for a while. I don't think I have he energy for fighting him right now." He said quietly, I was still looking out of the window. His dad had come back inside, and his brother was nowhere to be seen.

"I'll fight him for you." I teased, listening to a laugh escape from behind his lips. He let go of me, closing the curtains so that we didn't have to look outside. There was a knock on his bedroom door, followed by his mom peering in.

"There's a crib upstairs in the attic, if you two want to carry it down for little Campbell. I wouldn't want him sleeping anywhere else, being his protective Grandmother and all." She chuckled, provoking a giggle from the both of us. I picked the baby up, handing him to her. She smiled, scurrying away with him downstairs, with Gerard leading me to the attic. There was a door in the roof, with him being able to reach it on his tiptoes. He pulled the chord, pulling the ladders down with it. He climbed up first, with me following him. The room was extremely dusty, apart from the boxes of Christmas tree ornaments. He pulled the old chord that turned the lights on, and we were bathed in a dim, yellow light.

"Gee, imagine- we'll be able to have Christmas in our own house this year. With a tree, and lights on our own house. Campbell would be able to toddle around with his own toys." Every little thought excited me, and the fact that I was spending it with him and our baby made me extremely excited.

"That reminds me, I'm going to have to go to work tomorrow. And I'll go the bank and check out our funds, and then the day after I'll take you down to the real estate office and we'll look at houses." He said, his tone happy as he moved boxes out of his way. Some of them had labels written in black marker, others were mysteries to the both of us. "Ah!" He said, and I heard the creak of wood as he pulled on something. A very old, wooden crib with boxes of baby things in it. He grinned, turning towards me with a sense of triumph. God I loved him.
-------------------------------------------------------
Song Of The Chapter- The Irony of Choking on a Lifesaver

A.N
Long time no update I apologise a lotlotlot!!!
So, I was thinking of a sequel. And it would be more centred around Campbell- what would people think about that??

Don't forget to comment and vote because it really helps me out <3