Begin 08

Time is so fast. Its their last day of school. It feels like yesterday.

Michael who's best in class have to attend his recognition. But instead of attending, Jhay-K planned something.

The vacation is near but he didn't confess yet. And if he can't say, he'll be gone crazy.

Other day. He frozed when he saw her in their classroom. She's staring at his table chair. Jhay-K remembered that he just wrote there their combined names.

Jhayrie <3.

He stand still outside then counted minute to gain courage. And as soon as he enter, their eyes met. She smiled at him.

"Dane." Jhay-K don't know what to say. Its his first time.

But then he said it. "Crush na kita."

Dane's smile didn't fade but her expression was. She thought, "Ang sakit pala. Lalo na ngayong crush mo rin ako. Haha. Mahal na nga yata kita eh. Di ko nga alam kung bakit." She wanted to say all of those and say more.

She faced his chair again.

"Jhay-K," Her voice cracked. "crush din kita."

Jhay-K smiled like he have won some game. But not until Dane continued.

"But we can't be together." Finally, her smiles were gone.

"Annika. She's my bestfriend. She transferred here because she wanted to have a normal school days. Galing sya sa States. She was sick there. It was her heart. She can't breath kapag nasosobrahan nya yung kasiyahan nya. And incase her sickness will attack her anytime, atleasy I'm there." She can't hold back her tears. So She cried. But Jhah-K stood still and just stare at her.

"Being her bestfriend, I promise to her and her Family that wherever she go, I'm there. And now, she's going back to States. So I am."

Jhay-K did't know how to feel.

"Sorry ha? Ngayon ko nalang ibubuhos yung pagka selfish ko." Dane holds his hand while sobing.

"Pls. Wag kang magkacrush ng iba ha? Di ko alam kung kaylan kita makikita ulit. O baka di na kita makita. Pero mamimiss ko kakyutan mo! One more, show the world that you can sing."

She kissed his cheeks.

Don't know how many minutes he's standing. And when he gone back, one word keeps repeating inside his head.

"If."

- Begin 08 -

- Begin 08 -