22.

Ashton's Pov:

1 WEEK LATER

Today is Friday again. Noah and Dylan are both out of the hospital and today's my 16th birthday! Nate, Dylan and Noah have been spending an abnormal amount of time together though. Every time I ask about it they always say "I don't know what your talking about. We don't hang out." Like I don't know! I'm not that blind!

I've decided that since they won't tell me I might as well stop asking.

Once school started, I made my way to math class because it wasn't new first hour. Once second senator started anyways. Math is one of my better subjects, but I still don't like it. I took my seat in the back like always. Then two girls sat down next to me. They both had dark chocolate brown eyes and long dark brown hair.

"Hi, I'm Harley and this is my twin sister Alex!!"

"I.. I'm Ashton.." I said.

"Are you good at math?" The girl who I assume is Alex asked.

"Uh.. yeah.. I guess.." I stated.

"Could you help me with this then? I can't figure it out.." Alex asked.

"Do you need help Harley?" I asked.

"No I think I've got it!" She said.

We talked all during math and they were both very nice girls. Harley seemed tough and Alex a little shy. I could see us becoming friends.

At lunch I sat with Nate like always. I looked around and found Alex and Harley sitting by themselves laughing and acting normal. 'They're really close.' I thought.

"What's on your mind?" I asked Nate who seemed to be lost in thought.

"Oh-uh-nothing. I mean it is something, but you'll find out later.." the way he trailed off made me nervous.

"Are you thinking of ending things Nate..?" I hesitantly asked.

"No! No, no, no nothing like that!" He said, suddenly looking alarmed. He grabbed my hand as if to reassure me that we were good. "Just-ah-I can't say anything without giving it away. It's a good thing. You'll like it. That's all I can say. I hope that comforts you." He smiled.

"It does. I'm not as nervous anymore." I giggled a bit.

The rest of school went by very slowly. I was so anxious to see what was up with Nate that I didn't pay much attention to my classes. Not that I needed to. I like to think I am pretty good at school.

After I heard the final bell I went to my locker to be greeted by Nate. "Hey babe"

"Hi, are you driving me home or am I going with Chris?" I asked. I assumed Nate was. Even though today was my birthday and I'm legally able to drive, it's also a Friday. And the DMV is closed on Friday's so I have to wait.

"Me." He said.

I finished up in my locker then closed it. Nate grabbed ahold of my hand and led me out to his car. He opened up the passenger side allowing me to get in. Then ran around to his side and got in while I closed the door.

"Um.. babe.. this isn't the way to my house?" I told him, although it came out as more of a question.

"I know. We're going to my secret place." He told me.

"What! Chris and Maria think I'm coming home! I'm gonna be in so much trouble!" I started to panic as I got out my phone to call Maria.

"Hey, hey, hey, calm down. I told Chris after art today. They both know where you are and who your with. I covered for ya Ash. Don't worry." He put out a hand and held mine while he drove. "I love you. I wouldn't let you get in trouble because of me."

"I know you probably want a kiss, but you need to drive so we don't wreck." I told him.

After a while of driving we finally arrived at his secret place. It looked the same as last time, but more green because it was getting closer to summer. "Okay, we're here. So the only thing you have to do is wear this blind fold." He handed me a black blind fold.

"Buuuuuut whhhhhhyyyy?" I whined.

"Because I say so. You'll see Ash. I promise it's nothing bad." I agreed and put it on before getting out of the car. "Now trust me. I'll have my hand on your back to guide you. I'll say before we go down hill or something." He stated and I nodded in response.

We walked and walked for what seemed longer than it actually was. Probably because I couldn't see.

Every so often he would say something like, "watch out there's a log in front of you" or " this hills a little steep, be carful." I always followed with a nod.

After a bit he told me to stop. I sensed other people around me, all looking at me and it made me slightly nervous. "Okay you can take off your blind fold." Nate said. I took it off and a smile spread across my face.

A/N
Hey guys! Sorry for the slow updates.. practice and practicing and just flat out laziness. But also I've been spending time with my family. Hope y'all aren't mad!Thanks for reading. Comment. Vote. Follow. Thanks again! Bye! ;)
-Bluejay