12.

Ashton's Pov:

"Hey Dylan, I'm home!" I said once I had closed and locked the front door.

"I see Nate's with you. Hi to the both of you." Dylan said as Noah shifted closer to him.

"Hello Noah!" I waved at him.

"Hey Nate, Ashton." Noah said not taking his eyes off the tv.

"Come on Nate!" I grabbed his wrist and started running upstairs.

"Be good you two!!" Dylan yelled.

"Okay!!" Nate and I yelled back in unison.

"Has your dad been back at all?" Nate asked while taking a seat on my bed. I sat down and grabbed one of my pillows, sitting cross legged with it on my lap. Nate laughed at me when he saw me. "You're adorable." He said while putting an arm around my waist.

"To answer your question. No, he hasn't been home at all. It doesn't make me sad other than it's him who pays the bills. Dylan and I both do small jobs to try to pay the essentials, but it's not easy. It's all okay though because the longer he isn't home, the more time Dylan can heal. What about your family? You don't talk about them a lot?" I questioned.

"Oh-uh-well my family is.. okay. My mom is great. She is super nice and isn't ever rude to me or my dad. I'm a little scared of my dad though like I've told you. He's bipolar. So he could be a great, loving dad one moment then be screaming at me the next. He's not as bad as your dad though. My dad doesn't hit us. He just says awful things. I usually stay away from him and don't speak unless spoken to." Nate looked down.

I rested my head on his shoulder and he pulled me so close I was basically sitting on his lap. "I'm sorry Nate.. do you ever cry?" I asked. He looked down at me with a confused look on his face.

"Crying helps. I cry sometimes and it makes me feel better. Although you're probably to scared to cry." I taunted.

"I'm not too scared!" Nate gave a small laugh. "I just don't like crying because I don't want to look weak."

"You can cry in front of me. I know you're not weak. You've already seen me at my worst and best." I stated.

"Yeah I have and you're the best girlfriend ever. I'm not just saying that, I truly mean it. If I ever end up crying in front of you.. just don't bring it up again.." Nate said.

"I promise I won't."

"Thanks babe." He kissed my forehead and I blushed. "I love being the reason you smile and blush." He said wrapping his arms around me tighter.

"I love that you're the reason I smile and blush." I said. We sat in silence for a few minutes, enjoying one another's company.

After some shared smiles and glances, I asked, "so wanna do something?"

"Movie?" Nate questioned.

"Sure!! Have you seen A Cure For Wellness?" I asked.

"No, you?"

"Nope!! Wanna watch?" I asked.

"Course!" Nate asked standing up. He walked over to my door.