8.

Warning: this chapter contains strong language and some possibly offensive words. They DO NOT reflect my views and are written purely for the story and to further show the characters development. I am very sorry if it offends anyone, that is never my intent. With that in mind, please proceed if you want.

Ashton's Pov:

I woke up to a bright light shining in my eyes. I pulled my blankets over my head but ended up falling into the floor. 'I must have been closer to the edge than I thought.' I mentally said to myself.

After standing up, I walked over to my closet and pulled out a hoodie and my black leggings. I grabbed my black converse and, after changing, I collected all my school stuff and made my way downstairs.

"Morning Ash!" Dylan said when he saw me.

'Morning..' I signed.

"Sleep well?"

'Yeah. How was you night with Noah?' I signed.

"Good. After he left I had to clean up though. That wasn't fun. But hanging out with him was a blast! What about with Nate?"

'It was fun.. he may have hugged me and kissed me..' I signed.

"Is that was caused the panic attack?" He suddenly looked very worried.

I nodded my head. 'He doesn't know I have panic attacks though.. I didn't tell him.' I signed.

"Oh.. well as long as he didn't do it on purpose.."

That ended our conversation. I got a small breakfast and Dylan had some too. Around 7:40 we got into Dylan's car to get to school.

"It's gonna be okay.. Ash.. don't worry. If you need me you know where to find me." We got out of the car and gave me a hug before walking off in the opposite direction.

I made my way down to my art class. I walk in and see Mr. Johnson sitting at his desk and Nate sitting in the back where I always sit. "Good morning Ashton." Mr. Johnson walked up and shook my hand.

I signed 'good morning' and took my seat.

"Hey Ash!" Nate said.

'Hi..' I signed to him.

"I had a lot of fun last night.." he looked me in the eye.

'Me too.' I signed.

"I was wondering if.. I don't know.. maybe tonight after school you'd want to go out for coffee or-uh-something?" He asked with a cheesy half smile on his face. I giggled a little at his face.

'Sure I'd love to Nate, but I'll have to tell my brother that I'm not going home with him.' I signed.

"Great!"

The rest of the day didn't go very fast. At lunch I texted Dylan that I was going to coffee with Nate and he said that Noah and him were gonna hang out at our house later. I asked him  when dad was supposed to be home and he just said that the last he heard was he wasn't going to be home for another three days. That's a relief.

After school I went to my locker to grab my bag and gather up my books. Nate tried to be cool and slide against the lockers, but failed and ended up hitting his forehead instead which caused me to laugh.

"You know that's the first time I've ever heard you make a noise." I blushed with embarrassment.

We walked to his car and after opening the door for me he ran to his side and slid in.

The drive to the coffee place wasn't very long and we kept silent. Nate would say something every so often, but I found it useless to respond since he had to look at the road, I have to hope he understand.

When we got there he asked me to find a seat while he ordered since they most likely didn't know sign language. I agreed because that interaction is always very awkward for both me and the poor person trying to take my order.

I found a table for two by a picture window and looked over to see him ordering. I offered to pay for myself but he insisted it was on him. "Your drink madam." He said placing my coffee in front of me. I just have been zoned out for longer than I thought.

'Thanks..' I signed.

"Can I ask you something..?" He cautiously asked.

I nodded.

"Okay, well.. I was wondering why you don't talk? Like really.."

'When I was in 7th grade my mom left. She just walked out. I guess that's when I stopped talking.. when she left.. my dad.. he lost his mind. He just got meaner. Started drinking, hooking up with girls for one night stands, and not being very present in my life. My oldest sister moved to London and eventually adopted my youngest brother Aaron. I never see them anymore.' I paused.

'Now it's just Dylan and I. He basically raises me. But that's okay..' I looked down slightly.

"My dad's not the best either. He's bipolar and I'm scared of him. He doesn't hit me or my mom, but says awful things. Does your dad.. you know..?"

I didn't respond at first, thinking of how to respond.

When I finally did I signed, 'well he's homophobic and Dylan's gay.. although my dad doesn't know yet. Which is probably for the best..'

"Yeah.. So how come you like art so much? I draw a bit myself too." Nate smiled, trying to lighten the mood.

'Art is my escape I guess. Like it's the place where nothing else matters. The only time when I don't have to worry about what's going on. Ya know?' I signed.

"Yeah. I do."

I decided to check my phone for any missed messages when I saw the time. 'I should probably get home I told Dylan I'd be home before 4:30..' I started to stand up and Nate followed.

"Okay let's go then!" We made our way to his car and I told him where I lived.

We pulled up and when I turned to say goodbye I couldn't. 'You need to go.. I'm sorry.." I panicked.

"Wait what? Ash.. what's going on?" Nate said, the panic creeping in his voice.

'My dad's home and Dylan had Noah over! Shit! This isn't good. I've gotta go!!' The panic was very clear on my face and there was fear in my eyes.

I got out of the car and heard Nate follow me again. Before I opened the door I heard screaming. It was my dad.

"I CAN'T BELIEVE MY SON IS FAG! I DIDN'T RAISE YOU TO BE LIKE THIS! YOU, GET OUT!" he opened the door and threw Noah outside. I hurried over to Noah it was knelt on our porch, hands covering his face.

"NOW YOU. YOU'RE NOT GETTING AWAY THAT EASILY! GET YOUR ASS OVER HERE!" We heard hit after hit after hit..

I broke down into panic mode.

"Ash.. is there any other way in your house?!" Nate said through his panic.

I nodded and took off towards the back yard. I started climbing the tree to my window I always kept unlocked. The guys followed. We all got in and ran downstairs. Just as we got there the front door slammed shut.

What I saw made me fall to my knees and break down.

A/N
Hey guys!!! So sorry if I offended anyone in this chapter. I am NOT homophobic. Again I'm sorry. This is the only chapter that's going to mention stuff like that. So thanks so much for reading. Comment. Vote. Follow. Thanks again!! Bye!! :)
-Bluejay