Chapter 11

Acting was an amazing skill that all humans should acquire.

On the outside everything was alright. Her smiles and laughter suggested that nothing was wrong. No major life changes had occurred. Not anything of importance had happened. Life continued on and the people around her all assumed that everything was moving on normally.

The inside was a completely different story.

Her mind was constantly replaying old memories and analyzing them in order to catch something out of the ordinary. There had to be something that could have told her about this news earlier.

But nothing stood out.

If she hadn't seen the documents and heard the news from Elaine, there was no way that she would have uncovered that news. There never had been any hints or signs that suggested that she was adopted and Nic wasn't her brother.

When she wasn't analyzing old memories, she was questioning the relationship with her brother. Usually she managed to shake away those thoughts. Nic was not a person that she wanted to lose in her life.

Therefore she was not allowed to question it anymore.

It didn't mean that she didn't do it on occasion.

One of the biggest questions that remained was who her actual parents were. Was she kidnapped? The adoption was done illegally so kidnapping was an option. But were her non-biological parents capable of it? As horrible as they had been, she couldn't imagine them being okay with kidnapping.

Had they wanted a kid that badly to kidnap someone? Her mind couldn't wrap around the thought that they would have gone so far as to kidnapping someone.

They weren't that horrible and she didn't want Nic to have parents that were that horrible.

That issue was also bugging her. Nic still had them as parents and she had different parents who possibly could be better than them. Sometimes she wished that Nic had the different parents. He would have deserved it.

Her parents could still be horrible. Maybe they didn't want her at all and helped with the illegal adoption. Maybe they were criminals. There were a myriad of things that could be wrong with them.

And then there was a last question that was bugging her.

Did she want to find out who her parents were?

It was a question that she didn't know the answer to.

On the one side, she really did because she wanted to know who her biological parents were even if they didn't want her. However on the other side, did she want to open a wave of emotions and secrets?

She didn't know what to do and who to turn to.

Elaine had called her once to ask how she was dealing. She told her that she was fine, but that wasn't the case at all. She just didn't feel comfortable burdening Elaine with all her problems. Elaine surely had better things to do and they had never been too close. It was mostly a relationship based on her keeping her guardianship over Nic.

It was unfortunate.

Alessa had never liked keeping things to herself. Talking was always an outlet to deal with her emotions and she couldn't turn to anyone right now but herself and herself did not have good ways with dealing with the problem.

As the problem kept eating at her, she slowly started considering Logan as person that she could discuss the problem with. She needed to talk.

It seemed like a really good option after one particular night.