Chapter 30: Lost

Later that day I went to get an ultrasound.

I walk into the hospital wing and Dr. Ashlar comes up to me, "What can I help you with your Majesty?" "I would like to get an ultrasound on the baby, I think something's wrong" I say worriedly. "Alright, follow me". I follow Dr. Ashlar into the pregnancy room and he sets up the machine.

I change into a hospital gown and I lay down on the hospital bed. Dr. Ashlar puts the cold jelly on my stomach and moves the stick around on it.

"I'm sorry to say this Queen America, but you lost the baby" I hold back the tears. "Thank you Dr. Ashlar"

I walk out of the hospital with tears running down my face. Once I get to the gardens I run to a bench farther out and sing to the dead baby in my stomach.

(A thousand years by Christina Perri)

Heart beats fast

Colors and promises

How to be brave?

How can I love when I'm afraid to fall?

But watching you stand alone,

All of my doubt suddenly goes away somehow.

One Step Closer

I have died everyday waiting for you

Darling, don't be afraid.

I have loved you for a thousand years

I'll love you for a thousand more

Time stands still

Beauty in all she is

I will be brave I will not let anything take away

What's standing in front of me

Every breath

Every hour has come to this

One step closer

I have died every day waiting for you

Darling, don't be afraid.

I have loved you for a thousand years

I'll love you for a thousand more

One step closer

One step closer

I have died every day waiting for you

Darling, don't be afraid.

I have loved you for a thousand years

I'll love you for a thousand more.

By now I'm sitting on the bench crying my eyes out. Then I hear footsteps but I don't look up. I then hear a voice say "What's wrong my dear? What happened?" I look up to see my beautiful husband looking down at me with worry and concern filled in his eyes.

I shake my head and he sits down and he holds me close with I cry into his shirt. "Do you want to talk about it?"
"No right now" I say my voice small and quiet. "Where are the kids, Maxon?" "They are at a lesson with Sylvia" "oh" I say.

"I'm ready to tell you what I was crying about" "okay spill" Maxon says.

"So this morning I went to the hospital wing to get an ultrasound on the baby because I didn't feel right and Dr. Ashlar said we lost the baby, so I came here and started crying" I say with a few tears falling down my face.

Maxon wipes them away and kisses me. "it's okay Ames, that happens sometimes" "thank you Maxon, this really means a lot" I kiss his cheek right after I say it.

"Do you want to have anymore?"

"What?"

"Do you want to have anymore kids?"

"No, I think we have enough"

"Okay. Do you want to go tell the kids?"

"Yeah, let's go, they should be done with their lesson, but I doubt it"

"And why is that?"

"Because she takes forever."

"Is that so?"

"Yep"

Maxon chuckles and we go to the kids' playroom and we open the doors.

"Hey kids! We have some bad news to tell you guys" I say.

"Well, what is it?" Amberly asks

"The baby died, you won't be having another sibling" I say.

I hear Angel mutter "I know you ate the baby, that's why it's dead". Aparrently Maxon heard it too and said in a scolding voice "Angel that's not very nice, your mother did not eat the baby. Apologize"

"Sorry Mommy" she says

"It's okay sweetie" I say and stroke her hair.

We spend the rest of the day with the kids and have a great time.
---------------------------------------------
Hey guys! sorry I haven't updated in a while, I've had a bunch of projects due for school.

Sorry to have the baby die, but nobody have me suggestions.

I might update once more. But if you want me to keep writing this story your gonna need to give me a suggestion.

Bye guys!!

Tugging my ear whenever ;)