|| Scenario ||

Title: Let them know
Member: Mark
Genre: Fluff
Warnings: Slight bullying???
Requested: Yep

What was the reason for the girl's unpopularity?

Of course their relationship wasn't something everyone knew about, but the reason for her unpopularity was her friendship with one of the popular boys.

Due to their close age Jisung and Y/N befriended each other, and the fact that she wasn't trying to get their attention from the beginning was an even bigger reason for them to become friends.

Mark and Y/N had been in, despite their age difference, a well working relationship only known to their closest friends.

"God, math is hell." The girl was sitting by their table as always, as always fiddling a bit because of the rude stares, and her eyes managed to roll to the back of her head in an eye roll at her boyfriend's exclamation.

"Well, I think it's rather enjoyable." At that a light push was sent to her by her best friend, and her boyfriend shook his head, a small chuckle leaving him.

"Just wait, remember I'm in another grade than you, love." A light pink color dusted her cheeks and even though she wanted to come with some smart-ass comment, the nickname had embarrassed her to the point of muteness.

Even the other guys were stunned over such nickname they never thought that their oldest friend ever would say, at least not in front of others, and Mark only grinned at his girlfriend.

"Who knew Mark could be that cringeworthy?" Donghyuck's question sent the others into fits of laughter, well all the others except the couple, who had matching blushes on their faces, and a hit landed on Donghyuck's shoulder from Mark's side.

"I mean, Y/N is the best in our class at math, she is probably smart enough to help you with your homework." The girl looked at Jisung and her shoulders moved up in a shrug.

"What can I say, I did move up a class as well." Once again Donghyuck was the one to say something, this time he mumbled something along the lines of 'don't brag' and instead of hitting his best friend, Mark smiled at his girlfriend.

"You free later?" A smile tucked at the girl's lips, and she nodded her head.

"I'm getting diabetes because of them." Jeno was the first one to leave the table and just as he had walked a couple of meters, the bell rang signaling the end of the lunch break.

Though Mark wanted to grab the girl's hand, he pulled himself together and managed to walk to class without doing so.

Class slowly killed Mark, and he wanted nothing more than for the day to end so he could spend some time with his girlfriend, but they still had another subject after this one.

The boy would've fallen asleep if the bell hadn't rang and at that moment he felt like God had saved him as he made his way towards his own locker, which funny enough was a few lockers away from the girl's.

What the boy hadn't been expecting was for a large crowd to be surrounding his girlfriend's locker, and that was when he expected the worst.

Someone were shouting for them to stop while others were shouting for them to continue and when the boy finally pushed his way through the crowd, he saw the two girls pulling at his girlfriend's hair, and he basically froze in front of them.

The shock disappeared quickly, and the two girls were harshly pulled away from the girl, who wasn't even standing anymore.

After stopping the chaos, Mark had expected the crowd to disappear, but this scene was apparently more interesting as it only seemed like more and more students arrived.

It was a cliché scene, really.

But even though it was cliché, it was real, and Mark was quick to help his girlfriend to her feet, quickly helping her dust off her yellow uniform.

"I wonder when they became good friends, Mark is like four years older than her." That was the exact thing Y/N hated hearing.

It was comments about him being four years older, which usually made her lose her confidence, and the boy let a frown appear on his face as he, with his fingers, brushed the girl's hair into place.

"If only they knew we are a couple." The comment was meant to light up the atmosphere, but Mark didn't seem very moved by the words and only stopped fixing her hair for a few seconds.

Y/N kept her eyes on Mark as the boy snapped his head back to make sure that the swarm of students had their attention on the couple still, before he once again looked at his girlfriend.

"Why don't we let them know?"

Though the words made her heart flutter, she knew it would ruin his reputation.

He wouldn't be that popular, single guy as everyone expected him to be, and to make it even worse, the girl he was dating was a lot younger.

"Bu-"

Then he did it.

Mark pulled the girl into a kiss, and the gasps and whispers, which started erupting, was amusing to him.

His thumb was rubbing small circles on the girl's cheeks, making them even redder than they already were and when they pulled away, a grin tucked at the end of his lips.

"What a scene that must have been." At that Mark nodded, his hand sliding down to grab hers, and he lead the two through the crowd, all the students still too shocked to move away from their spot.

"Now that the whole school is aware of our relationship, I am now allowed to peck you on the cheek during lunch." The boy seemed too proud as his grin from earlier turned wider, and the girl let out a small laugh, nodding her head.

"All the girls know you're mine as well now, which is good."

Before the couple separated to go to their class, Mark leaned in to peck the girl's cheek, and he mumbled;

"And the boys know that you're mine."

[Next; Markhyuck as your best friends part 2]