Chapter Forty Three Raven

I held my breath for as long as I could but released it when I remembered that I was hooked up to a heart monitor. I didn’t need him to worry if I died or not, he has enough to worry about at the moment from the sounds of it.

            Sighing I mentally sat in the chair again like I did the first time I heard his, Andy’s, voice. This was all my fault, if I could just wake up then everything would be okay, if I could just remember it would be better than nothing.

            Okay Raven, let’s do this, what’s the last thing I remember?

            I remember sitting down and watching something, a music video, I was watching a music video. It was loud; my dad didn’t care so I could blast my music as loud as I wanted. Things were falling out of the sky like an apocalypse was happening.  

            There was something about angels and them falling out of the sky.

            I screamed as I met a wall that pushed my away from my memories. Why can’t I remember anything! What did I do to deserve this?

            I have to calm down or I won’t get anything done. I want to be able to remember and have that second chance Andy was talking about.

            But if I can’t remember, then how would that second chance work? He would have all of the memories from before and I would be left with the new ones. He could be happy with the old ones but not the new ones. What if I messed up and ruined everything?

            Pulled from my train of thoughts I listened to the footsteps that walked towards my body.

            “Hey Raven,” It wasn’t Andy, and I felt my spirits shrink. He hasn’t been here to see me in forever. Maybe he already lost hope and gave up.

            “It’s me Lisa, you might not remember me but that’s alright, I can just pick up where we left off. I guess you must be confused and all and that’s why you’re still in this coma, the nurse that comes in to check up on you is really nice, she says that you’re probably just waiting seeing if coming back is the right choice to make. It’s all up to you she said yesterday. That made Andy so happy and yet sad, he knows that it’s your choice on if you stay or go but, we all want you to stay sweetheart. We all love you, especially Andy.

            “Well, I guess if you don’t really remember things then I guess you have no idea who these guys are. They aren’t your average guys either, I mean they’re hot and sexy and everything but they’re so different. I’ll start with CC. He is so funny he’s got black hair that goes to his shoulders, he wears bandanas a lot…”

            And he loves drinking Monsters, I thought.

            “…And he’s always drinking a can of Monster. It’s been a week and every day he has one. I swear that boy doesn’t need any more energy; he has enough as it is. Okay, then there’s Ashley, first things first, Ashley is a man not a women. And trust me when I say he’s all man, Jinxx brought in some playboy for Ash to read. He read it but not for long, said it wasn’t right to read a playboy in a hospital waiting room. And loves this cartoon animal that I could never get into when I was a kid oh what was it…”

            Hello Kitty, Ash for some weird reason loves Hello Kitty. I felt my eyes widen as I thought that. The first time when they talked about CC and his Monster I was just guessing, it was the last thing I could remember drinking when I was watching those music videos. This time though, I remembered. I can clearly see him sitting in his bunk with his Hello Kitty slippers on smiling at the camera.