Chapter Forty Two Andy

Hello there, before you start reading, i would recomend playing the song over there in the corner, i had this playing the entire time i wrote this chapter and it makes it so much more emotional, but that's just me, so please continue.

            Deep breath in,

            Exhale.

            Deep breath in,

            Exhale.

            She will wake,

            Don’t worry.

            She will wake up,

            Don’t worry. Just like breathing I repeated the mantra in my head.

            She will wake,

            She will wake,

            She will wake.

            The heart monitor that kept beating seemed to be saying the same thing. She will wake, she will wake. She just has too.

            Raven’s hand was cold in mine, making my mantra hesitate for a moment until I remembered the heart monitor, the heart monitor kept me hoping. Pushing back the fly away strands of hair from her face I closed my eyes.

            Please wake up, please.

            I couldn’t stand not seeing her moving, not being alive like she can be. She’s become the reason for my life and if she gives up, I’m not going to stay behind. So please, please, wake up.

            “Raven,” I started, licking my dry cracked lips, “it’s me again, Andy, the doctors noticed that with everything that happened, there might be a small chance that you might not remember certain things. I hope their wrong but with every day that passes and you don’t wake up, they’re more certain. I don’t want you to forget anything but if it means having you awake and moving and doing normal everyday things, then it doesn’t bother me as much if you were to forget me. I don’t want you to not know who I am but if it means seeing your beautiful grey eyes shining with life, hearing you laugh again and to hold you until you lightly shove me away with that amazing smile of yours, it’ll be worth you forgetting me.

            “I love you and that’s one thing I don’t ever want you to forget. The amazing moments we shared and with everybody else, Jinxx, CC, Ashley, Jake. And the time you had with your parents before you lost your mother, the days you spent with Lisa and Jace. I don’t want you to forget those; they’re worth remembering every single day. It’s moments like those, being surrounded by the people you love that make life worth living.” I stopped to blink my eyes as they clouded over.

            “If you do wake up and don’t remember anyone, I’d understand if you wanted to go home and have a normal life without us. I’m not speaking for anyone but me, and if you don’t want to be with me again, and try again, I understand. If you don’t want to be my girlfriend then I’ll be your friend. And if you don’t want me to be your friend, then I‘ll just be that singer in the band that you like. I’ll back away, I won’t like it but I’ll understand.” I choked on the tears and let them out as I continued.

            “I want you to be happy baby, and if it means that I’m no longer in the picture then I accept that. I love you so much so please, please wake up. I’m begging you too. I need you, every day that you’re still in this fucking hospital still asleep is another day of life that you lose, and it’s another day that we lose you. Wake up, remembering or not doesn’t matter as long as you can live, and be happy. Just please wake up, please!”