Chapter Forty One Jinxx

Sitting on one of the plastic chairs I glanced up seeing CC play with Lisa and her son. I smiled until I remembered where we were at. Going back to my phone I went to my contacts and clicked on Sammi’s pic and texted her.

            “How long do you think she’ll be out of it?” I put my phone away and watched Ashley plop into the seat next to me.

            He looked like shit.

            His hair was flat and lifeless as if he couldn’t remember that showering was important. His eyes had bags as he sipped his fifth cup of coffee.

            Stretching in my seat I turned to him, “Not sure man, but after everything Lisa said, it could be a while.” He nodded his head and looked at the ground. I patted his back but he didn’t acknowledge it.

            “It’s all my fault,”

            “Mhm?” Ash looked up at me.

            “If we just told Andy the truth like I wanted to we wouldn’t be in this mess. He wouldn’t have run off, Raven wouldn’t have been here by herself, wouldn’t have needed her heart restarted, wouldn’t have died. But she didn’t want Andy to know and get mad at Jake and I agreed with her against my better judgment.”

            “Ash,” Forgetting about Sammi I leaned forward and lowered my voice so Jake, who was standing against the wall not that far away, wouldn’t hear. “It’s not your fault at all. Jake made a mistake alright, but I can kinda see where he came from. Andy likes Raven, so did Jake. He didn’t want them to fight over her so he lied to us and told her the truth. He didn’t want the band to break up over something stupid and he knew how much this band meant to Raven, for god sakes our music is part of the reason she’s alive. Jake was trying to protect everyone from getting hurt.”  I watched as he took this in and sat back glancing at Jake who must have felt like shit.

            “I never thought about it that way,” I heard Ash mutter, “But does Andy know?”

            “I think so. I saw the two of them talking a couple days before Lisa called.”

            “Huh,”

            I raised an eyebrow, “what?”

            “I just realized that we’ve known Raven for two in half months, doesn’t feel like that though.”

            I shook my head agreeing, “Yeah, it feels like a couple years instead.”

            Ashley nodded his head and sipped his drink once more. “A lot has changed in just a couple of months. And I have a feeling that this is just the beginning of it.”

            “Of what,”

            He turned to me and smiled a smile that seemed older, wiser than his years. As if he knew something but didn’t at the same time. “Of change, I think a lot of things are going to be changing for us.

            “Besides, without change, life wouldn’t be interesting, it’d be boring.”

Good afternoon my little Rebels. First off i would like to thank everybody who have been voting and commenting and reading Saviour it mean so much to me, you have no idea how happy it makes me as i see the numbers of the reads comments and votes go up each day, and i just love reading what you guys have to say.

Secondly, i would like to apoligize if this chapter is crappy and how short it is and the ending, another cliff hanger or not i'll let you decide that. Any way i just wrote this and again i'm sorry if it's horrible.

Thirdly, i just realized that this is chapter Forty One. When creating Saviour i never intended on it being past twenty or thirty, this story has taken on it's life and led me to paths i never thought about.

I will say that in the begining i never intended on creating Lisa, her son Jace, never thought of having Raven's heart stop or seeing her mother, but i am glad that i did because this story is much better with everybody and everything that has been added.

I hope you don't hate me for ending this chapter like i did but hopefully it will get you thinking about what may come. So if you do have ideas please put them in the comments below and hit the post comment button. I'd love to hear what you're thinking.

So, thank you everyone who's been reading and hopefully i'll have another chapter up. See you later little Rebels!