Edited Chapter Six Raven

(Edited) Chapter Six

Raven

Tightening the laces of my black boots i walked past my dad and left the house. Pushing every negative thought to the back of my head I just kept on walking. Today was the day that the annual amusement park opened up. It had a section for everything, and i mean, everything.

Walking through the gate my stomach turned at the smell of fried dough being cooked with melting butter drizzled on top. My mouth was watering before I even looked to see how long the line was. Thankfully there wre only a couple people here since it was nine in the morning, but by eleven this place was going to be packed. Smiling I got in line and started digging through my wallet looking for that mysterious five i had.

"What can I get you?" I looked up and smiled.

"Can I have one with powdered sugar and a coke?" I pulled out that five and a couple more ones.

"Sure thing honey, that's six fifty." I handed her the money and left with my treasures. Yes, I did just said that, fried dough is just that good; it's the greatest thing that was made in the whole world. Sitting down at an abandoned picnic table I started to slowly rip the dough apart and slip it into my mouth, letting the powder sugar melt in my mouth before swallowing it. Fried dough was made to be savored.

"Raven, Raven Quillet?" Hearing my name i turned around ony to lift my eyes up to see the person with the deep voice.

"Andy? What are you doing here?" The smile grew bigger once he realized that he was talking to the right girl.

"We'll, we had the day off and I heard that this place was opened so I figured that I'd come to see what it is. But what are you doing here? You were smashed to pulp yesterday, and why'd you run off? You should have gone to the hospital; did you go to the hospital?" Andy sat down next to me waiting for an answer.

I ignored the part about being smashed and answered him. "Yes I went to the hospital, and I'm fine Andy. They said that nothing was broken so would you stop worrying over nothing." I looked at him and made sure that my gaze held his so that he wouldn't notice that I was lying to him. He doesn't need to worry about me. He stared at me for a second before looking away.

"Alright, I just would have thought they would have you rest instead of going out."

"Oh, they did, but I wanted to go out and come here today, besides, it's beautiful out." I answered sticking another piece of bread in my mouth and opened the can of the now warm coke. I snuck a look at Andy and saw that he was just staring at me with his mouth open; I almost did a spit take.

"Are you crazy? Do you know that you could hurt yourself even more?"

"This coming from the guy that broke three ribs and still did concerts and interviews," I cocked an eyebrow at him as he just shook his head. "And yes, I'm a very tiny bit crazy." I said smiling. He gave a short laugh as I slowly stood up. I couldn't look like I was in pain or Andy would personally see to it that i went to the hospital.

"Where are you going?" Looking down at Andy I gestured with my arm to the various stands around the place, hoping that would explain everything to him. Looking back I found him just staring at me with an eyebrow raised at me.

Sighing in defeat i put a hand on my hip and finally used my words. "I'm going to hang out here today; this place is awesome. Why, do you want to do something else?"

"No, I was just wondering if I could tag along, I really have no idea where to go." Quizzically I looked at him as he looked around.

Why would he want to hang out with me?