Chapter 22: Skinnier

Riley's POV:
    Over the weekend Maya went somewhere with Shawn. I think they went to a festival. On Monday, Shawn dropped Maya off at school. I went with my dad. "Hey Maya." I say. "Hi guys." she says. Lucas and Farkle stare at her. "What?" Maya asks. "You're a lot skinnier." Lucas says. "Like unhealthy skinny." Farkle adds. I look at her again. She does look too skinny.
      "I just remembered, my dad wants me to help him with something." I lie. I walk to his classroom. "Dad!" I yell. "What's wrong, Riley?" Dad asks me. "Maya, she's gotten skinnier. It looks like she hasn't eaten." I tell him. "Shawn told me she wouldn't eat." he says. The bell rings. I sit at my desk and wait for everyone else.
After class Dad tells Maya, to stay. I hope she's ok. What if she has an eating disorder? I hope not. I need to think positive. Positivity only.

Maya's POV:
         Mr. Matthews asked me to stay after class. "Maya," he starts, "Why wouldn't you eat?" he asks. "What?" I ask trying to play in cool. "Shawn told me you wouldn't eat. He said you ate one meal over the whole weekend." he says. Thanks a lot, Shawn! "I wasn't hungry." I lie.
       "Maya, please, you need to eat." he says worriedly. I want to ball up and cry, but I can't not here. At school, I pretend to be strong. "Maya, you can go, but I need you to get Riley." he says. I nod and leave to get Riley. "Riles, your dad needs you." I tell Riley. "Ok, I'll be back!" she says.
•at lunch•
I sit down at a lunch table with Riley, Lucas, and Farkle. "Where's your lunch?" Farkle asks me. "Not hungry." I lie. I hate lying to everyone, but it's to protect them. Riley gets up and a few minutes later comes back with another lunch."Eat." she demands and pushes the tray towards me. "I said I'm not hungry." I tell them.
"Lucas, grab Maya. Farkle, grab her lunch. Both of you follow me." Riley says. They do what they're told. I try to kick, but Lucas is holding me too tight. We get to Mr.Matthew's classroom.
"There you all are." Mr.Matthews says when we get there. He closes the doors. Lucas sets me down at my desk and Farkle puts my lunch down. "Please eat." Lucas whispers to me. I stare at the food. I think back to all the notes I've gotten that say I'm fat. Mr.Matthew says, "Maya you have to eat and that is an order." I pick up the slice of pizza Riley got me.
I stare at it some more. I finally start eating it. Soon enough I ate the whole thing. I get up to leave, but I get pushed down by Mr.Matthew. "I'm not hungry." I lie for the fourth time. Then, my stomach growls. "Your stomach says otherwise." Farkle says. I didn't even notice, but apparently they got their lunches. The bell rings. I got saved by the bell. I run out of the classroom.