Chapter 14

Maya's POV:
"Maya, shouldn't you be in school?" Josh asks. "I can't, not now." I start crying. "Maya, it is ok." "No it's not. My best friend is against me." I wipe my tears away. "Maya, I can drive you back to school." Josh offers. "I dont want to go back. I can't go back." "Come on, Maya, you need to." He tries grabbing my hand,but I moved my hand. He finally grabs me and puts me in his car. He gets in and starts driving. "Hey!" I scream.
We get to school. Josh grabs me and takes me to Riley's dad. "Maya, glad you made it to class." I then notice he is in the middle if teaching the class. The one I should be in. "Be careful with this one. She slips out easily." says Josh. He drags me to my seat-next to Riley. Josh leaves the room. "Maya, would you like to tell us where you have been?" Mr.Matthews asks. I simply shake head no and he gets back to the lesson.
After class
"Maya, are you ok?" Lucas asks me. Riley starts coming up to us. I turn to walk away, but Mr.Matthews grabs me. "Not so fast. Maya, I need to talk to you." "Yes, sir," I reply and follow him to the classroom.
             "Maya, what happened to you today?" "Nothing." I reply quickly, hopefully not too quickly. "Maya, tell me the truth!" Mr.Matthews says sternly. Ugh, I hate it when he does this. "Fine. I got some notes." "From whom?" He asks. "Well, they are from Holly, Missy, and um Riley." I say unsure of how he will react. "Riley! No it can't be. Sweet Riley?" He says. He doesn't think it is Riley. "I know. I didn't believe it either, but then I asked her if she wrote me a note, and she said yes." I say looking down.
           Mr.Matthews just goes in the hallway. He comes back with Riley. "Maya, hand me the notes." I get them out of my pocket and hand them to him. He scans the notes and turns to Riley. "Riley, how could you have written these?!" He almost screams. Riley looks at the notes. "I didn't write these." She says. "Maya, we are best friends why would I do this to you?" I wait and let that sink in. "Wait, you didn't write these? Ever since I saw the letter "R" I immediately thought of you." I say shocked. "Riley, I'm really sorry." "Maya, you don't need to be sorry. Everyone makes mistakes."
             Mr.Matthews just looks at the both of us. "Well, I guess you are both free to go." Riley and I walk out together.

 Missing (Lucaya/Filey/Rucas)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें