Chapter 7: Hiding Bruises

Maya's POV:
     "Hey losers. It's Maya." I say into the thing to let me go into the Matthews apartment. Then the door opens. "Hi Maya. Bye mom. Bye dad." she says as we leave.
«time skip»
"Hey Farkle. Hey Lucas."me and Riley say as we enter the school building. "Hi, Maya what are those bruises?" Lucas asks. "I tripped." I said quickly. "Ok. Maya can I talk to you privately?" Lucas asks me. Lucas and I walk a few feet away. "Iwaswonderingifyouwouldliketogoonadatewithme?" Lucas said really quickly. "I would love to." I answer. "You understood me?" Lucas asks me shocked. "Of course I did." I answer and start walking over to Farkle and Riley. "RileymeandLucasarestartingtodateareyouokwiththat?" I ask really quickly. "Of course I am." Riley says. "Good." Farkle pulls me away. "I know you didn't trip. I know you're hiding something. And I know something's going on and it isn't good. What's going on? I can tell you aren't happy." Farkle says worriedly. "What are you talking about? I did trip." I say. It's so hard hiding what's really going on from my friends. "I'm going to find out what's going on." Farkle said determinedly. We walk back over to Riley and Lucas who look concerned.
«what Riley and Lucas where talking about while Farkle and Maya were talking»
"Did you see those bruises on Maya?" Lucas asked worriedly. "Yeah. What do you think happened?" "I don't know."
«present time»
I get a reminder on my phone to go to the bathroom. "I'll be right back. I need to go to the bathroom." I say. I walk to Holly's private bathroom. She has her own bathroom since her parents are rich and she doesn't like to share her bathroom. I open the bathroom door to find Holly. She locks the door. "Are you ready?" she asks me. "Why are we doing this at school?" I ask, but instantly regret it. I get punched in the face. "Don't question me!" Holly said. I get punched and kicked some more.