Chapter 33

Your eyes widened, "H-he did?"

L shakily nodded skewing her eyes shut. She covered her mouth as her shoulders, that you noted were slightly larger than yours, trembled. She leaned forward her forehead touching the floor near your hands. She was similar to you being that she was stretchy since she was still sitting. You awkwardly stroke your fingers over the back of her head. It made since to you now, why she hated yet loved Ricks. How she was so angered about a (y/n) being abused, she was hurt herself. She didn't want anyone else to feel that pain. You were saddened at that fact that someone was trying to destroy the beautiful flower before you, making her nothing but a sun scorched droopy mess.

"I-I know it's a b-bad time but can you tell me more about the t-tags?" You asked softly continuing to gently rub on L's scalp

She nodded slowly rising, "The t-tags are the whole... H-how do I explain this..." she rubbed her chin with a shaking hand, "Uuumm..... O-ok so when the Rick puts them in your wrist, they literally take apart of your Cephalic vein out. Then when they place the tag in, a filter like thing is put in place of part of the vein they take out." She took a shaky breath, "I don't know all that much about the tags... but they are placed in with in minutes and they burn like hell when they are placed in, it hurts and some times," she gently trailed her fingers over the bump in her wrist, "It burns like it was just put in..... my rick can't feel it though, so it may be fake but it's still there." She trembled, "Still there...."

"What do you mean your Rick can't feel it?" You asked stirring her away from crying again

"With this a Rick can feel a fraction, Generally a half, of the pain a (y/n) feels." She stated coolly wiping her eyes, "If a (y/n) starts to die usually the Rick will take her tag out, only a Rick can remove it, and he won't die. Through if they don't... well, they die."

"Well, the information you have and gave me is better than nothing." You paused and stroked your own wrist, "Are you sure we can't just take out the tags? Or-" L cut you off

"B-128. She became panicky and anxious. In this specific (y/n)-nook, she some how got a knife and literally started to try and cut it out." She looked off at the wall above you, "I was there too, we saw what the tag looked like.... for a brief few minutes....... the knife had grazed the tag and she only lived a minute and forty-seven seconds... the tag exploded and she bleed out very quickly." She sighed, "That made everyone fear the ricks even more. B-128 Rick was devastated, that she died and couldn't understand why she wanted the tag removed." She shrugged, "Maybe it was because she was being tacked, so am I too."

You mouthed the word 'wow'. Your eyes widened, why would a Rick ever need to do that? What? You couldn't wrap your head around it. Just why? You puffed a heavy breath, you really wanted those chocolate chips right now. You ran you fingers through your hair.

"I think we should go to sleep." L muttered

You nodded and curled up under the blanket. You drifted off heavily your mind clouded with confused and worried thoughts. You opened your eyes slightly as harsh white light flooded through the room. You yawned and stretched as L stirred beside you. S waved at you front the doorway and closed the door. You frowned slightly looking at the rousing form of L. She couldn't stay here forever. You sighed and ran a hand through your hair.

"L?" She turned her eyes toward you

"Y-yes?" Her tired voice cracked

"I have to leave." You whispered

She snapped straight up, "W-what!? You can't!-" you cut her off

"I can't stay here forever (I can't keep the story here :p), neither can you." You drove your pointer finger between her eyebrows, "I would love to stay but that can't happen."

She nodded sadly, "Just remember I'm here and so is S always ready to help you."

You spent the rest of the morning with her saying your good byes and getting ready to leave. You walked out the back door forcing the fabric of the sweater you were wearing down slightly trying to cover your still bare legs. The floors felt cold beneath your bare feet and you moved quickly down the streets. Many mortys eyes followed you as you moved briskly.

Your eyes darted around trying to find a even a glimpse of your rick. You jumped at the voice that suddenly cut through your thoughts.

"You lost there little miss?" A voice asked behind you it sounded rick

You turned around and were met with the soft blue of a different Ricks. He wore a cowboy hat and chaps. 'Cowboy' you thought. A morty, looking similar him, stood behind him. You shakily swallowed and stared up into his eyes.

"Now little miss if y'all not gonna say nothin' than I'm gonna have to have ya come with me so we can find y'all rick." He loomed over you, "And I'll need to call tha council to report this."

He said that you immediately took off down the road. He must of called some of the other guards as you almost ran head on into a group of them. You barreled down the road as many of them tried to stop you. Leaping up you grabbed the top of a cover over a small outside cafe. You had kicked over a few tables to get up here it would help slow them down. The fabric of the cover swayed precariously low as you crawled
On your hands and knees you moved to a near by roof and climbed up on it.

Everyone you passed looked up at you shocked that a (y/n) was bolting over rooftops trying to get away from the rick guard. Suddenly you ran out of ground and thinking you could make the jump, which you could not. Your body slammed down into garbage bags.

"I'm with my people." You whispered breathless and pulled yourself out of the pile

You heard the uniform pounding of the Ricks footsteps near the end of the ally. You were pinned. You stared helplessly around when you remembered, the necklace rick gave you.

"RICK RICK RICK!" You cried loudly your back pressed to the wall at the end of the ally.

"Now (y/n)! Come with us-" you didn't hear the rest of his sentence as you fell backwards in the blinding lights of lime green.