Chapter 22

You stared at the figure before you confused. They did have your body shape, but their muscles looked leaner more toned. They swung the gun over their shoulder to their back and put their palms facing you.

"You want proof?" They hummed bending their arm the wrong way, "We both have hybermobility, we both love hot chocolate," they laughed, "For some unknown reason we like dr. Pepper!"

You puffed a breath, "o-okay... I believe you... us... me..."

The figure shrugged, "Guess its us." They cast their gaze around seeming to be slight confused, "Guess they triggered all of the bombs I set up and killed themselves. It's probable." They stopped gazing around when they faced rick, you could almost see their face contort in disgust, "Glad to see my time-pause works on assholes as well."

The figure turned back to you. About to say something you were quietly shushed. Faintly you could hear the thump of footsteps growing nearer. They shooed you under the desk and shucked the gun again. The creature dropped through the ceiling and landed lightly like a cat.

"What up, B-atch!?" The figure yelled laughing loudly

You could hear loud gun shots and flesh pounding on flesh. With a final crash all was still for a moment. Your breath hitched in your throats as you heard footsteps approach your hiding place. You didn't want to die. The figure popped their head over the desk at you. You sighed a breath of relief and smiled. You crawled out of your hiding place and stood up on shaky legs.

The figure gripped your shoulders, "Ok so I have to go. The aliens will evaporate and no body or blood." They chuckled, "You should get back into the spot you were in before this happened, and." They drove their pointer finger into the air, "All will be fine." You were about to walk away then the figure grabbed you again, "(y/n) I have three things really important to tell you." You nodded briefly listening, they handed you a note with what looked like a coordinate of a place in it, "For when you finally decide to run, go there they'll help." The figure looked back at rick almost suspicious that he's listening, "Don't trust a rick, it may not make much sense now, but it will in the future." They said, "and you like super chunk mint." They laughed slightly at your confused reaction, "Now get to your spot."

You quickly trotted over to the spot where you were writing and held the piece of chalk up. You looked over to the figure and saw somehow they had opened a glowing purply- pink portal. They gave you and thumbs up and fully enter the portal, as soon as the portal closed everyone unfroze. Out of the corner of your eye you saw rick gaze around confused then sit back down. You went to write the equation, but your mind drew a blank.

"Umm..." you chuckled covering it up, "Sorry, but this is me." You turned towards the crowd, "What was I writing about again?"

You heard Triss chuckle, "The effects light speed can have on the body, except in equation form!" She laughed cheerily

You saw rick peer suspiciously at you but say nothing as you laughed it off and continued the equation.

(Timeskip.)

The rest of the lecture went off without a hitch. When you had done the equations and answered the questions Alexis went up with Jeff and talked about spaces suits and the different ones that have been designed. You really weren't paying attention, even through you would have liked too. The coordinates and letter seemed to weigh a ton in your pocket. Alexis and Jeff soon stepped off and Triss came up with her model and explained its uses, once again you payed little mind to her. 

Soon enough the lecture came to a close and you found yourself in your truck just starting the engine. You released a quivering breath and pulled out the letter and the coordinates. You placed the coordinates safely back in your pocket and looked at the letter. No address, no name, just an alien seal. The world seemed tense and quiet around you. Your fingers traced the edge of the paper about to tear it when some one knocked your window. You jumped and relaxed more seeing it was rick. Shoving the letter in your pocket you rolled down your window to him.

"Hey." You said brushing some hair behind your ear, "Thanks for coming to my lecture." 

He snickered, "No prOBlem." His crooked grin made you melt slightly, "So do yOU want to get ice crEAm?" 

You cocked a brow, "What do I look like, 6?" 

"Well yo-" you cut him off 

"It sure as hell wasn't a no!" You laughed, "Just let me go to my house and I'll meet you at yours." You smiled  at him, "Thanks for the lab coat, its big so I had to roll the sleeves up slightly." And then you drove off.

You hummed along to the tune from the radio then your heart sank when the future version of you's started to echo in your head.

When you finally decide to run... 

So you wanted to kill me through my past self....

They'll help you... 

Your breath felt heavy in your throat. I started to hurt to breath, for some reason you didn't want it to be true, you know him, don't you? Something must happened in the space between you and that future you to have arrived at this conclusion. Your head seemed to whirl, the coordinates with people who will help you, the mysterious letter, the future self it all seemed to astronomical to comprehend. But the voice of your future self spoke it as through they had venom in their mouth, and looked at him as through he was a monster, maybe he is. The words roared above all else. 

Don't trust a Rick.