Chapter 23

You sighed softly pulling off the lab coat and kicking off the heels. You tossed the lab coat over the couch and slipped on your sneakers. 

"Ah so comfy." You mumbled moving your toes a little in the shoe. 

You hopped back outside to see Rick waving you down from across the street. Laughing a little you jogged over to him. He had this big stupid grin plastered on his face which made you grin too. We waved you in the garage and you walked towards the passenger side of the space car. You snickered at the memory of seeing it for the first time. You had walked into the garage because rick told you to grab something, when you saw the odd veichle your eyes widened. Rick happily explained how it works and you were amazed. You had thought up these ideas for the asset, but never tried to apply them, thinking they were near impossible. You stepped in and saw Morty in the back seat. You smiled warmly at him and buckled your seatbelt. Rick plopped himself down and took a few deep swigs from his flask and started the car. 

You grinned widely as the ship started to rise into the air. You watched as the sky darker and far off stars started to appear. You payed Morty little attention when he asked you a question to focused on the empty darkness around the ship. 

"FrISt time in space, huh?" Rick chuckled from beside you 

"Nah," you laughed cocking a brow, "You don't think we invented Nightlight and not flown her and all the other generations into space? Why wouldn't we?" You laughed, "I was the only one to truly experience it though." You turned your gaze back to the window, "Not that it isn't amazing each time though." 

 Rick mumbled something you didn't hear as he shifted the care into gear and drove in a seemingly random direction. You gazed at the different stars and planets as the whisked by. The beauty of space always seemed to pull you away to a much more peaceful place for a brief few moments, until reality pulled you back. This time it was the landing of the ship. The slight jerky stop caused you to head but the window. You chuckled softly rubbing the impact spot. 

You stepped out into the warm air of this eccentric plant. The soft almost nean blue grass scratched gently at your ankles. You gazed around at the cat puke pink sky, the clouds looking like dark little chucks of salmon. You broke your trance and jogged after Rick and Morty, you caught a few snippets of their conversation.

"M-Morty this is the universes best  iCE cream, Morty, she'll love it Morty!" Rick said swinging an arm around Mortys shoulders 

"Aw jeez rick you really think so?" Morty said scratching the back of his neck 

"I know so." Rick laughed 

You stood in line with Rick and Morty staring at all of the other Patrons in line. Each caught your eye in a different way. The line in front of you was no more than a few people. You gazed at what appeared to be a menu, some of it was in an unrecognizeable language and the others were in English. One caught your eye in particular. Super Chunk Mint. That's what future you said you enjoyed, you decided to trust yourself and get that. Soon the.. aliens in front of you in line soon got their orders. 

"Yeah. I'll have Blakc Hole Chocolate and this guy," he gestured to Morty, "Will have Crystal Vanilla and the girl-" you cut in 

"Super Chunk Mint, please." You said as the alien behind the counter seemed to nod

Rick looked at you extremely confused then shook it off and dropped a few pieces of some sort of currency onto the counter. The alien gladly excepted it and placed a few other pieces of change out to Rick. You waited a few brief minutes for the ice cream beside Morty. Soon you handed a large cone with a mouth watering amount of ice cream. You sat down at a table and began to take a bite. You eyes widened as the flavor flooded through your mouth. You smiled and continued to eat the ice cream quickly finishing it a few minutes. You smiled a little as Morty stared at you wider eyes. Rick cast you a glance two, but quickly went back to staring off into the distance to his right. 

You started a light-hearted conversation with Morty when Rick snapped his gaze right behind you. 

"We gotta move, get to the car." He mumbled quietly standing up 

Both you and Morty soon followed. You sat down in the passenger side worried. Rick had soon taken off silent. You gazed up into the rear view mirror and furrowed your brow. You nudged Rick whom looked up. His eyes widened as he saw the copper colored ship behind you. Rick took a few abrupt turns  occasionally casting his gaze up to the rear view mirror seeing the ship behind you taking the same turns. He mumbled something along the lines of shit as he got back on the original course. He pressed a few different buttons that sent the ship into s hyper speed like motion then stopped. Your eyes widened as you saw the back of the spaceship. There were no time for questions as rick spoke.

"Ship. Battle mode." He said glaring through narrowed eyes at the back of the ship 

You swallowed shakily as the whole dash before you turned to many buttons and switches. Rick began to press many of them sending all different kinds of weaponry flying at the ship. They didn't leave a dent. You looked back at Morty with all of his bravery passed out. The ship made a sudden jerk causing your side to smash into countless buttons on the dash. You heard Rick make a noise and threw your gaze to him seeing his face in a white patchy air bag. As it deflated you saw Rick slowly fall with it. Your eyes widened as you realized that he has passed out too. 

You turned your gaze to the windshield seeing that he ship slowly making a turn towards you. Alone you were a sitting duck in a metal trap.