Chapter 4

"He's from Romania not Transylvania." I told Cammy over the roaring music inside Cocktail. "Is Transylvania even a real place?"

Lights flashed as they usually did inside the trendy nightclub, making me disoriented but at least it was better than a swarm of ghosts.

The club was especially packed tonight, with a bachelorette party going on in one half of the room and our small birthday bash on the other.

I'd contemplated calling Sofia and telling her I was sick and couldn't make it but that felt wrong so I'd sucked it up. Especially since there were no tequila shots at my place.

"Isn't that where vampires are from?" She said, giggling over the rim of her dirty martini.

Across from her and leaning against the bar, Damian rolled his eyes.

He swept his superman curl from his forehead, his overly muscular arm flexing as he took a sip of his beer.

"We get it, Cam, the guy is freaking hot. Can we talk about something else already before my balls shrivel up and fall off?"

"Do you think he'd bite me if I asked?" Cammy said, teasing Damian further.

"Depends," a silky voice cut in. "Do you taste as good as you look?"

Both Camilla and I spun around to face Christian standing behind us with his hands stuffed into his pockets.

"I taste amazing, baby." Cammy giggled then took a gulp of her drink, turning to waggle her eyebrows at me.

"Go get it," She mouthed. "Or I will."

"Hey, man. I'm Christian," Christian said, turning to Damian.

Normally, Damian was a friendly guy, but, tonight, he lifted one eyebrow at Christian's extended hand, unimpressed.

I hadn't told him anything about what had happened between us so this animosity definitely wasn't best-friend related.

Maybe he was already drunk. He tended to get weird when he was drunk.

"Sup," He said.

"Shot, shot, shot!" Sofia cheered as she barged into our little circle, a tray of shot glasses balanced on her palm.

She distributed them out to us one by one, a big smile on her face.

"Oh, who's this?"

"Aimee's step-brother, Christian." Cammy said. "But they're not related."

"Oh, cool. You better be able to hold down your liquor, Christian. 'Cause drinks are on the house tonight!" Cammy and Sofia cheered and Greg, behind the bar, rolled his eyes.

She wasn't lying though.

Sofia's dad had chipped in with an all-night open bar as his gift for her 21st birthday.

Downing my drink, I moved closer to the counter, finding a bar stool, more than happy to take advantage of the unlimited booze.

The girls giggled and shouted again, clearly drunk.

"So, is there anything else to do for fund here besides this club?" Christian said as he scooted closer to me. The crooked smile was back. I wanted to slap him. Or kiss him. Or both.

"Why are you here?" I asked.

"I'm new in town." He downed his shot and shrugged. "I'm trying to make some friends. Why are you so against me being here?"

Maybe because you've had your hand inside me and I don't know how to react to that?

"I don't make friends easy." I told him. "Ask Cam and Sofia. I was a bitch to them for a long time before we became friends."