The steps stopped right outside my room before the door quietly opened. The person walked inside and the door closed to a shut behind him. He shuffled towards something behind me until there was a distinctive sound of metal clanging against metal. There was a moment of silence before the steps walked forward. I heard him stop behind me before slowly walking around my still figure as if observing and contemplating something. Stopping right in front of me, I stifled the urge to open my eyes and look at the stranger with my blank eyes.

I felt a moment of hesitation before I heard a shift in the air. Instinctively, I pulled my head back, feeling the air tear a millimeter away from my nose.

"Impressive."

My shoulders tensed when the voice sounded familiar. Not thinking of the consequences that would come from the action, I opened my eyes. As soon as I saw the familiar dark green eyes, my hands clenched into fists.

"You", I uttered under my breath.

"Me?", he asked delightedly, his eyes glinting as if he had just told me a joke.

It was John Treble. The Sadistic.

He was given that title because he could torture a person in under five minutes and already that person would break. With his dark and twisted sense of humor he had taken up before he was recruited by the Society, he was feared by all who knew him.

His hair, which had been long enough to be tied into a ponytail last time I had seen him, was military styled, adding length to his long and angular face. Wearing a black shirt with the Society's emblem on his left chest and camo pants tucked inside a pair of combat boots, he looked like he had just arrived from the army.

Or sent home by the army.

My gaze dropped to a familiar knife reversely gripped in his right hand. I stared longer at the knife, seeing that it looked familiar. Finally noticing the initial of my title on the handle of the blade made me slightly twitch against my restrains.

Noticing my reaction, John's smile widened, mistaking the twitch of anger for fear.

"Awww... is the wittle emotionwess kiwwew scawed?", he said with pouted lips like a baby.

I stared at him in silently, not wanting to give him the satisfaction of a verbal reply.

He continued to pout at me but when he saw no reaction from me, it turned into laughter. "I like you, Void. Silent yet funny."

I continued to stare at him, though I questioned myself on how he found my silence funny.

He laughed louder, clutching his stomach with his unarmed hand. "Good one, Void!"

This time, I began to question his sanity.

He raised his hand to his eyes, wiping away the tears that fell from them. Grinning at me, he wiped his hand on his shirt before he reached it out to touch my face. I stifled to urge to flinch away and continued to gaze at him silently.

He caressed my cheek softly and I was surprised by the gentleness of his touch. Just for a moment, I saw his grin falter before it stretched out widely on his face once again.

"Oh Void, dear Void, what lovely skin you have. So smooth. So pale. And so young", his eyes were wistful as he caressed my cheek before he slid a thumb gently over my lips.

I resisted the need to tear it off his hand with my teeth.

"And those lips...", he shivered as if pleasured by just the touch of them, "...divine."

He let his hand hover over my lips a little to long as if testing my patience. Not helping it, I quickly opened my mouth in hopes of biting the finger off, though he immediately flicked his hand back, dodging my bared teeth.