38. New year's

Ashley

Soft music fills my ear and this wasn't helping with my break up. It was making matters worst. People conversate with each other as I make my way inside. This is the same hotel that the charity event was held and the memories come flooding my mind. I close my eyes and push my hands up my neck hoping that I could feel his hands wrapped around me but that never happened. I want to forget him and I hope I don't see him tonight because I can't deal with see him face right now.

"Our dress looks better than theirs and we are broke ass." Lisa whispers in my ears as she looked at two ladies standing in the far corner. I don't have time to criticize anyone right now.

"Come let's go home." I hold her hand turning around towards the door. If just feel strange that I'm outside after days and I'm surrounded by lots of people.

"No. You need to enjoy yourself​ and stop losing yourself in love." She pull my hands off her and push me further into the crowd. She saw a waiter passing by and she takes two glasses of wine and  push one in my hand.

"Drink and let's forget tonight." She said pushing the glass to my lips. I pull it away.

"Are you planning to drown me?" I asked he as I hold the glass in my hand. "I don't feel like drinking tonight." I told her.

"Okay." She sign and take the glass placing it on a near by counter. I walk up to the buffet table and take up biscuits and cheese. Lisa was beside me placing one of every item in her plate.

I widen my eyes and looked at her "what? I'm trying everything tonight." She said as she shove a chicken ball in her​ mouth."I just love free food." She yelled in my ears after she finish chewing.

I chew on my biscuit and cheese then I saw a bunch of grapes and hold it in my hands then I start to eat one by one and I don't care if anyone is watching.

"Ashley you made it." Willa smile while walking towards me.

"Yea." I replied. She pulled me into a hug.

"I love your​ dress." She said looking at me.

"Thank you. This is Lisa my best friend." I said looking around and pull Lisa close to me. Her eyes widen and her mouth was stuff with food. She swallowed and outstretched her hands.

"Hi" will shook back her hand.

"Lisa this is Willa, Nathan sister." I told her.

"Good to be out for a change right?" She asked and I nodd "and on behalf of brother I apologise." She said. Willa is so beautiful. She was wearing a red flowing dress.

"I'll catch up with later." She told me as she leave.

No sign of Nathan and Elizabeth so far and I felt extremely happy.

People start drawing closer to the dance floor "Couple dance." Lisa whispered "you were so zoned out of the pass ten minutes."

"Come let's​ dance since your guy is not here." I ask her pulling her hand. She placed the plate down and we go on the dance floor.

We were slow dancing having fun "you smell like strawberries." I whisper close to her ear.

"What?"

"I'm pretending to be Jai silly" I laugh.

"Well thank you."

"You know I love strawberries." I said.

"Really?" She asked.

"Yes and since you smell like strawberries I want to taste your skin and see which taste better." She giggles and I burst out laughing. Then I felt him,I felt his presence and when I looked to my left I saw him looking at me. I let go my hold on Lisa and rushed through the crowd trying to lost him.  I was leaning on a column taking a breather when I finally realized that I lost him.