08. Mystery Bride Confirms

Ashley

"Nate, Nate" I called rushing after him "Nathan" I screamed once more but I was too late. He had sped away at such fast speed and only the fume remained. I cough as the vapor surrounded me then I used one hand to cover my nose and the other hand to fan what remains from around me. I didn't want him to do something that he might regret. Just like how we regret this mistake we have made. What if he had an accident on his way. He was so upset. But if I remember right he was drunk on the night we supposedly got married and he has never had an accident so I will not worry about that. Yes I should worry because drunk and angry is two different things.

I have always wanted to get married but not like this. I pictured myself walking down the aisle decorated with flowers with my groom at the alter waiting for me and smile. I pictured myself with someone I have dated and knew all my life. Not with a complete stranger that I knew nothing about. I didn't expect to had a drunken wedding and not remembering anything. I wanted to have a big reception with friends and family. Not a news broadcast showing I am married. I was use to the spotlight. I know how it worked. They have ruin my reputation. They work with one side of the story. The side that will sell and market more. They don't care about the truth. They don't care about how you feel. They just care about the marketing and the money.

I didn't bother entered the house, I just head out because it's time to visit Lisa. I haven't seen her in so many days. I have missed her a lot and the crew .

***

"Hey Matt" I called as I entered the living room. He was busy playing Call of Duty. He was shooting is opponent, dodging. He was so good at it. I sucked at video games terribly. I sat beside him watching his reaction after he shoots his opponents and how happy he seems.

"Hey Aunt Ashley" he paused the game and finally act knowledge my present. He turned around and hugged me giving me a kiss.

"Rawr" I shouted tickling him as he dropped the controller and tower over the settee. He was kicking ,foot in the air and hands trying to take my hands off to stop tickling him.

"Aunty, please. Stop." He said in between breaks. I eased up and rattle his hair making it a mess. "I miss you too Ashley."

He wasn't like the normal kids. Who could play rough, he couldn't work up his muscles too hard. Because he would have shortness of breath and it would over work his heart too much.

I love him. He's like my own child and Lisa is like a sister. They are family.

Joel is the one who should have a heart problem not Matt.

Oh no. Why am I thinking this ? What is happening to my thoughts.

Now I am being consumed in anger and hatred. I can't let what they did poison my mind. Poison me. Life goes on and I will still have to live. They will be living in their happy ever after bubble and soon little Joel will be popping out of Brianna. Pop. They have started a family. The child a will be a living proof of their betrayal.

"I love you aunty" he hugged me once more. He was in his cars pajama. What is the name of that red car again. Ugh . Oh yea Lighten McQueen.

"I love you more Matt." I replied with a smile and ruffle his hair once more.

"Did you eat breakfast?"

"Yes aunt Ashley. I have eaten cereal. Guess what?"

"What?" I ask wriggling my eyebrows.

"I've made it myself" he smiled showing his dimples and shows
A few missing tooth from his top gum.

"I'm so proud of you. High five." I said holding up my hands as he lift his as well and we clasp them together. He is getting so big.