Colin grinned at me, "I will let you off this time. Yes, let's eat."

I picked up the two plates and put them on top of the rolling table. Colin sat on the edge of the bed and patted to a spot next to him. I looked at the spot warily and opted that it would be safer for my own sanity and raging hormones to put some distance between us. I sat in the chair I used the previous day at the surprise of Colin.

"So tell me about yourself, Celeste. Where are you from?"

"New York." I started to eat to try to keep the conversation at a minimum about my personal life.

"What brought you from the big city to a small town in the middle of the country?"

I shrugged my shoulders, "Wanted a change of scenery. What about you? Are you from here?"

"No, Washington. The state that is not the district." We continue to eat in a comfortable silence. I decided to take control of the conversation before he had a chance to ask me any more personal questions.

"So how did you find this place?"

"I was looking for real estate to build and this place popped up on my radar. It had been on the market for a couple of years and they were desperate to sell. So I got it way under market value. It was ideal because of the existing structures on the property. I saved a helluva lot on construction."

"It is really a beautiful place."

"I'm glad you like it."

"Of course, I have my doubts."

"Doubts?"

"Yeah, you know at first I thought that you were some hippie commune or religious fanatics."

Colin quirked an eyebrow at me, "And now?"

"I'm still debating."

"What are your thoughts?"

"Hmm, covert military group or ........."

"Or?"

"I haven't put a name to it just yet."

Colin laughed, "Well I can't wait to see what you come up with."

"I have a question for you?"

"Anything."

"Yesterday, you were dying, had a breathing tube stuck down your throat and now you're.."

"Not dying."

"Yes, how do you explain that."

"I'm a fast healer?"

I shook my head, "try again."

"The medicine here is experimental."

"Really, so I heard that you were pump full up some biological chemicals. Why isn't homeland security alerted to what's going on here?"

"It's classified." Colin grinned.

"Are you messing with me? Because I'm not joking."

"No, Celeste."

"Well let me ask you an easier question. What does luna mean?"

"Moon."

"No, it has to be something else."

"Why?"

"Because some of the people here, call me that."

"Sorry to disappoint but that is was it means. Ever heard of the lunar cycle? Lunar eclipse?"

"Of course, I'm not stupid!"

"I didn't say you were. I'm just pointing out that all that has to do with the moon, right?"

"Yes, but."

"No buts. luna means moon."

"Well why are people calling me that." I blew out a frustrated sigh. Of course what he said made sense, but I was so sure that they were hiding something from me.

"I don't know? Sometimes, people refer to luna or moon as new. So maybe that is their way of saying you are new or a guest here."

"I guess you have a point."

"Are you married, Celeste?" his question took me by surprise.

"No."

"Boyfriend?"

"No, why do you ask?"

"You are a beautiful woman, why wouldn't I?"

"Yeah sure, well let me get this stuff back to Tracy."

"Did I offend you, when I told you were a beautiful woman."

"No."

"Then why are you running?"

"I'm not running?"

Colin move the table away that was serving as a barrier between us. He place two hands on each of the handrest caging me in so there was no escape. He bent down leaning his face close to mine and I push back away from him trying to maintain space. The closer he got the dumber I felt. I could barely breathe without inhaling his woodsy smell. My tongue tied and my brain turned to mush. I only could focus on the sensation he provoked within me. His green eyes pulled at me and I watch as they slowly appraise every feature of my face ending on my lips. He stop mere inches from my lips his breath fanning the desire that was rushing to every cell of my body. God help me. I wanted this man with every fiber of my being. My lips parted inviting his luscious lips to devour me.

"Hey Colin, what time.." I literally jumped in my seat at the intrusion of a man who just barge into the room. Colin didn't remove his hands from my chair but whipped his head towards the intruder and growled. Did he actually growl. The look of horror flitted across the man's face and his eyes hit the floor, "I'm sorry." he mumbled and spun around exiting the room.

I took that opportunity to duck under Colin's arm and move quickly to our plates slamming them quickly on the tray. "I should be heading back." I picked up the tray and headed for the door. Balancing the tray on one arm and grabbing the door handle with the other, I attempted to pull the door open. Colin firmly place his hand on the door to prevent me from opening it. He pushed his body to my backside.

"I will let you go for now, but you can't keep running from me." He whisper into my ear, his lips brushing the outer shell of my ear causing my body to tremble and the plates to rattle. Colin removed his hands opening the door and I high tailed it out of there.