Chapter XXXIV

Baelfire's Pov-

"Left or right, little brother?" Balthazar's voice echoed in the large entrance of Gaea's castle. My gray eyes turned to the left, when voices filled my ears.

"Left." I answered my brother as I teleported myself to the end of the hall and carefully stepped through the torn apart double doors. A breath of pure relief escaped my body, when my eyes took in the sight of my pup, squished between two of her best friends as they hugged Alex tightly.

As I began to walk toward Alex, a soft voice made me freeze as a shiver passed through my spine. I turned my body stiffly, to see the only woman I ever loved, on the floor as blood escaped from her mouth.

"Gaea." Her name left my lips in a broken whisper as I walked and fell to my knees to my beloved. Gaea flashed me a bloody smile as her hand rose to cup the side of my face. I purred deeply as my larger hand covered Gaea's.

"Are you going to let me live, Bael?" Her thumb stroked my cheek as more blood seeped from her parted mouth.

"No. I can not, my love." My answer made the she-wolf chuckle as she looked towards a stained glass window.

"I ask you for something, Bael."

"What is it?"

"Do take care of Ally, and Lua." I wrapped my hand around my beloved's neck, as a tear left my eye.

"I will try." I bit back a sob as I squeezed Gaea's neck, her bones snapping easily from my strength. My tear-blured eyes looked behind me when a small hand touched my shoulder.

"Ready to go home, Alex?" I asked my daughter as I left my dead mate's side and turned to see Asher carrying, who I believe is Ally.

"Definitely."

Alex's Pov-

Excitement made me jittery as I tiptoed to the sound of my mate.

"Don't worry Riles, Asher is coming back to you." My heart clenched at the sadness in Skylar's words. A smile graced my lips as I watched Skylar carefully place the whimpering Eragon into her crib.

"Look at you being all motherly." I cooed softly, flashing Skylar a toothy smile when her shocked eyes looked at me.

"Alex... How?" I wrapped my arms around my mate's slim neck, frowning at the bags under her dulled green eyes.

"You need food." I declared when I noticed Skylar's usually form-fitting shirt, now hanging loosely off her shoulders.

"I'm don't care about that! You're alive!" Skylar exclaimed happily as she gripped my hips and connected our lips.

Camlock howled loudly as Skylar pinned us to the wall and wrapped my legs around her hips, her mouth now making it's way down my neck.

A soft squeal made Skylar move away from my neck as we both turned to see Riley, looking at us with her head tilted to the side.

"Riley's not ready to be scarred for life yet." Asher's voice made me jump in my mate's arms as the tall werewolf walked into Riley's room.

"Sorry."

"My bad Ash, I got happy." Skylar apologized as she placed me back on my feet, her face red in embarrassment.

"I don't blame you. I still don't believe Alex is actually alive." I shoved Asher playfully, before Skylar suddenly wrapped her arms around my waist and pulled me flush against her.

"I'm guessing you're going to be quite clingy for a while." I chuckled as Skylar nuzzled my hair.

"Most definitely."

6 months later

A tiny hand slapping my face made me wake up, to see Riley's eyes looking at me curiously.

"Morning, Riley." My voice was raspy with sleep, making the one-year old giggle, her baby teeth showing. I lifted my upper half off the bed, bringing Riley to my lap, a little 'omph' leaving my daughter.

"Let me guess. Riley slapped you awake." Skylar chuckled as she leaned against the open doorway.

"You too?"

"Sky! Up!" Riley's small voice entered with our banter as she stretched her arms to her other mother.

"Alright, alright. Up we go!" I ruffled my hair as I watched Skylar gently throw Riley into the air, her giggles filling our room.

'Skylar and Hydra are back in shape.'

'That's good. We're never leaving her alone, again.' I declared as I looked over Skylar's form. Her eyes were no longer dulled, and her muscles were now slightly prominent even without her flexing.

"You wanna go see Asher, Riles?" The Eragon's blood-red eyes widened in excitement at the mention of her mate's name and began to bounce in Skylar's arms.

"Ash!"

"Let's go then!" I spoke excitedly as I hopped off the bed and took Riley from my mate, leading the way to my best friend.

'You gonna tell them about what we've thought about?' Camlock asked as we descended down the stairs.

'I will, today.'

"Morning, Alpha. Luna. Riley." Asher greeted as she placed her newspaper on the dinner table, and smiled as she took her mate from my arms.

"You're so formal." Asher shrugged in reply as her full attention went to the little Eragon. Skylar wrapped her arm around my neck, making me circle her waist as she nuzzled my hair.

'What were you two thinking about?' I pinched my mate's side, when she admitted to eavesdropping.

'Now I don't want to tell you.'

'Come on! Pretty please..' I chuckled at my mate's plead, and turned to face her.

"Camlock and I were thinking about having another pup."

Skylar looked at me in shock before glee took over her face, while my ears took in the sound of Asher spitting out her drink.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

The End,

Little clarifications.
1.) Alex and Skylar adopted Riley.
2.) Lua helps Alex and Skylar get pregnant.
3.) There will be a sequel, about Riley and Asher.

Vote, Comment
And thanks for reading!

-Lycan