Chapter XXII

Asher's Pov-

I move my eyes from my sleeping mate when I hear the door to her room opening. I grin when I see it's Alex with Skylar close behind.

"Taizai." I tell the two robot samurais as they started to activate. I chuckle silently as I watched Alex look at the robots in awe as they moved back towards the door and then broke down into two large box shapes.

"We haven't seen you in three days, Ash. It seems you and Riley are getting along well." Alex whispered softly as she sat on the ground in front of me, Skylar sat behind her and wrapped her arms around the Lycan's waist.

"Did you two finally fuck?" I asked with a smirk, and slightly tightened my grip on Riley as she shifted in her sleep. I bit my lip to keep from laughing when Alex's entire face flushed red.

"It is that obvious?" Skylar asked as she hid her face in Alex's neck.

"No, I was just guessing."

"You're so lucky you're holding Riley right now."

"And if I wasn't?"

"I'd kick your ass." Alex answered as she pointed at me with one hand, and the other kept it's grip around Skylar's forearm.

A soft mewling sound made Alex and I's banter stop as all three of us looked at my awaking mate. When Riley's blood-red eyes looked at my friends, she whimpered and tried to move herself more into my chest. Her horn stubs scratched against my arm.

"Don't worry, Riley. They're friends." I told the Eragon between comforting purrs. Riley turned her head back towards Alex and Skylar, and I moved the snow-haired Eragon into a sitting position when she started to wiggle.

"Aw, you're so cute, Riley." Alex complimented my mate, as she moved her hand towards Riley, who clutched onto her index finger.

"Watch your back when she grows up, Asher. She's got grabby hands." I chuckled at Skylar's remark as we watched Alex scoot closer to Riley and started to purr softly.

"Wanna hold her, Lex?"

"Please." I moved Riley down carefully between Alex's legs and moved myself to the floor when Alex's hands held Riley by her sides.

Alex's Pov-

I smiled down at the little Eragon as I placed my hand against the back of her head as she tilted her head up.

Her blood-red eyes met my light grey ones, and I let out a soft purr as Riley sent me a toothless smile and a loud squeal.

"You like me huh, Riles?" I asked softly and nuzzled my head against her bundle of snow-white hair when she stretched her hands towards me.

"You're a cute one." I moved my head away from Riley's when I heard my mate, only to see Skylar move her hand between Riley's small horn stubs and softly ruffled the baby's hair. Riley let out a small mewl and tried to wiggle out of my hold.

"You wanna go back with Asher?" At the sound of my friend's name, the Eragon started moving more frantically.

"Come 'ere, Riley." I let Asher's hands take my place on Riley's sides and chuckled when the baby's eyes widened as she was sat onto her older mate's lap.

"How's everyone been?" Asher asked as she watched her mate lean against her front.

"Koh's been with Leslie. Deven's been hanging out with Professor Q alot lately, and Camilo's mated to my uncle." I answered and smiled at the tall werewolf when her widened eyes shot up from Riley to look at me.

"Camilo's mated to who?"

"My Uncle, Balthazar." I repeated once more.

"You're okay with that though?" Asher asked, worry was evident in her tone.

"Course I am. I told Camilo that but he doesn't seem convinced."

"Maybe, because Balthazar is your relative." Skylar butted in as her arms tightened around my waist.

"Balthazar may be my blood, but it's not like I know him." I countered my mate's statement.

"Do you want me to ta-" A loud explosion made Asher stop mid-sentence as the ground shook violently. Riley released a sharp wail at the loud sound, and Asher purred softly as she nuzzled the baby's head, calming her startled mate.

"Stay here with Asher. I'll check it out." Skylar spoke as she got up from behind me and went to the door. I let out an agitated growl as I rushed to my mate.

"I'm not letting you go alone, Sky." I declared as my mate's glowing yellow eyes met my orange ones. Skylar sighed softly as she turned, and took my face into her calloused hands. Our foreheads rested against each other.

"I'm not letting you get taken again. We got lucky that Baelfire took everyone, these people might not be so nice."

"She won't go alone, Alex. Kassei-ka shimasu, Kai." Asher spoke and the robot to the left of us turned on and, standing at 8 feet tall, looked at Asher.

"Guard Skylar." The robot named Kai bowed at the waist and then looked at my mate.

"My blade is yours." Kai spoke, his voice powerful.

"Please be careful." I whispered as Skylar walked out with Kai behind her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vote, Comment

-Lycan