Chapter 24

"They will be here in 2 minutes. We need to go down," Ananya said rushing out of her flat.

Ria followed behind lugging a non-descript bag-pack on her shoulder while covering her face with a stole.

When Ria came out, dragged half the way by Ananya, she found Vicky holding a helmet standing next to a bike. On the bike, despite the helmet, was only one person.

Shiv.

Ria narrowed her eyes at Vicky and then Ananya. Ananya looked away.

"Why is this thing here?" Ria gritted out to Shiv, "You cannot get over your need to purposefully try to scare me even in this!"

Shiv flipped the front of his helmet, "Excuse me! I don't wile away my time thinking about you."

"Then why is that thing here, huh?" Ria shook her finger at the bike.

"It is not a thing," Vicky muttered

"It's his baby," Ria said in sing-a-song voice, making a face.

"Umm ...," Ananya pulled at Ria's sleeve, "It's Vicky's."

Ria jerked her head to look at Vicky who was looking put off. Ria opened her mouth to say something even as Vicky touched his bike caringly.

Shiv chuckled.

Ria narrowed her eyes at him before turning to Ananya, "Why cannot we go by a car?"

"How exactly do you plan on going all the way to Karjat in a car without being spotted?" Shiv asked crossing his arms.

"Vicky could drive us," Ria said looking at him expectantly, "We can hide in the backseat."

Shiv and Vicky looked at each other and rolled their eyes.

"What?" Ria yelled at them.

"It would help if you can use your brain sometimes. I don't want to tax you by saying always," Shiv raised his hands in the air, "But once in a while would be nice."

"It would help more if you could shut your mouth once in a while," Ria said crossing her arms.

"Ria, I think what Shiv is trying to say," Vicky said in a tentative voice, "is that you will still be spotted by the people at toll booth if you hide in the backseat, not to mention by most of the other people in vehicles close enough to see inside."

Ananya pulled at Ria's hand, "No one will be able to spot the number plate as you whiz past on the bike. Besides your faces would be covered."

Ria humphred but didn't say anything.

"Is this plan still on or should I just head back home?" Shiv asked after Ria ignored them for a couple of minutes.

Ria narrowed her eyes at him, "If you drive too fast just to scare me ..."

"Why don't you decide when you want to reach Karjat, I will figure out the speed accordingly," Shiv said tilting his head.

Ria looked at him for a minute before getting on the bike.

Shiv glanced at her sideways before turning around to look at her.

"What are you waiting for?" Ria shot into the helmet, "And if you try to hurt me ..."

"Your father and brother will cut me into small pieces?" Shiv chuckled.

"I will use my claws."

***

Preciously two hours later they were at Sam's farmhouse. It was some way before Karjat but it was already dark when they reached. The house was perched at the end of a mountain. The ample greenery around ensured a secure cover and seclusion from the neighboring houses.