Chapter 21

Ria was tapping her nails on the table looking around.

Where was he?

It has been 6pm already. Urmila and he were supposed to meet her here at the café almost half an hour earlier.

She had been on tenterhooks for the past 3 days.

Had she done the right thing going to him? And that Urmila? Was anything really going to come out of going to her?

She shook her head. She had to keep hope. This was her last avenue.

Her phone pinged. There was a message from Shiv.

'Come outside.'

She couldn't understand why he wanted her outside, when he was the one who had arranged this meeting here in the first place!

She quickly paid her bill and stepped out.

Ria looked around. She couldn't see him anywhere.

Where the hell was he?

Before she could pull her phone and call him, a bike stopped in front of her.

Her eyes snapped up to look at the rider.

The person was wearing a helmet, but she didn't need to work hard to figure out who it was.

"Where is Urmila?" she asked firmly.

Shiv removed his helmet. "Get on the bike. We are getting late."

Ria looked at the bike and back at him. Her jaw clenched. "I am not going anywhere with you on that thing!"

"Thing! This is my baby! My Ducati!"

"I don't care if it is your baby. I am not getting on it with you!"

"Do you want to hear what Frodo has found out or not?"

Ria clenched his fist and glared at him.

"Fine!" Shiv put his helmet back on. "If you don't want to hear it, we can let it be. Bye!"

Ria closed her eyes for a second and took a deep breath. "Give me a wretched helmet!"

Shiv handed her one that he had with him on the fuel tank, tied around the handles.

Ria was sure he was smirking inside his helmet, even if she couldn't see him. 

She got on the bike gently. She had barely found her bearing when he started it and sped up.

Ria gripped his shoulders tightly to stop herself from being thrown off.

"Stupid Idiot!" Ria muttered.

She knew he would not be able to hear her; part of her wished he could. He deserved all the curse words that were coming out of her right now!

Shiv was driving as though he was in some life-and-death race. He was swirling around turns without bothering to slow down.

Ria was too scared to even see where they were going.

"You are doing this on purpose, right?" she screamed, though he couldn't hear her. She had been clinging tightly to him by now. "You are an ass! Egotistical ass! You cannot win against me in normal course of the business that is why you are going this! Taking revenge!"

Shiv sped up more, as if wanting to scare her.

"You are a monster! Suicidal monster!"

Ria wondered if she could beat him up without risking her life.