Ch. 22: Ain't No Sunshine When She's Gone

Harry's POV

"Liam! Liam wake up!" I banged on Liam's door and continued down the hall to Niall's room, they were the two bedrooms closest to mine.

"Niall please!"

I stood there alone in the hallway with my hands covering my face. What the hell just happened?

"Is everything alright?" Niall stepped out in a robe, he looked very concerned. I can't begin to imagine how crazy I looked.

"She's...she's gone." The words were foreign, coming out of my mouth. This whole situation felt weird to me. Usually when I said that to a girl, which was not very often, it generated a more positive response.

"Annie? What do you- what happened?" Niall asked and Liam stepped out of his room and walked up to us as well.

"What happened?" Liam asked, rubbing his eyes.

"I told her I loved her and she ran out like I had the plague or some sort." I was still very confused about it all. I thought she might love me too.

Niall shook his head for moment and Liam finally spoke up.

"Mate, she won't be able to get off the property, don't you remember?" He said to me.

Just then I did remember. There was a tall fence around the property that guards stood by at all hours of the day and night. With this I sighed a breath of relief.

"I have to...I'll go..." I don't know why but my head so absolutely spinning. If she got hurt out there...if anything happened to her-

"It's alright, I'll go mate." Niall said, interrupting my thought.

"You should sit down; you do not look so good."

Yeah, I didn't feel so good either.

Annie's POV

I hugged my legs in front of me, my butt was cold and I regretted not snatching a sweater before I ran out. I was sitting on a large hill with my head leaning on my legs which were wrapped tight in my arms, eyes closed. I took deep breaths and looked up at the moon.

I wondered if the mood had ever been surprised like I had. I mean, of course it has. I bet tons of meteoroids have hit the moon by surprise, no warning at all.

I had walked for 15 minutes before finding the spot I was not sitting in. I hadn't realized before how large the property was, I had absolutely no idea where to go, so I just stopped.

After thinking it over for a while I figured that I had in fact overreacted when Harry told me he loved me. It's not that I didn't expect this to happen; this is what happens in relationships. I just hadn't prepared myself mentally with how to respond in that situation yet. We hadn't known each other for very long. I just broke up with Connor. I really wished I had my mom's advice in this situation.

I knew I should go back soon. I shouldn't have run away in the first place. I got up and stretched my legs, I'd figure out what to tell Harry on the way back.

I could still see the house (mansion- but Harry insists it is not a mansion- even though it is) from where I was, lights glowing throughout.

Did I love Harry? I wanted to. I really wanted to. I wasn't sure I was ready for that yet.

I began laughing to myself. I thought about how silly this whole situation was. I had acted like a child running away from my problems like I did.

I walked up the steps of the house and jumped when Niall rushed up from behind me to open the door and allow me inside.