Impression 18

The More-Than-3-Seconds Girl

[ Seara's POV ]

"What is it?"

I heard Akashi questioning back without bothering the who-questions-first rule.

That person who suddenly came out of nowhere and went directly to Akashi, judging by the voice, I could tell that she was definitely a girl.

"Sorry to interrupt you, Seijuuro-kun, but could we talk? I've got something to tell," she said seriously in one breath.

God. This is awkward.
I'd better go from here.

I thought it would be the best chance for me to get out of this awkward atmosphere since I couldn't follow their conversation but I almost forgot that someone beside me wouldn't let me do my escape plan. His fingers had already encircled my wrist right before I could even think to stand up.

Can't he read the atmosphere?!

"Well, sure, we can talk later," she suddenly broke the silence, reading the atmosphere instead of him. "By the way, I haven't seen you here before?"

Great. My presence is finally counted.

"Oh my, I think I know you. Are you perhaps the new student in class A?" she asked me curiously and then she continued, "had never thought to see you here. Nice to meet you, I'm Fumi Azura," she said with a gracious smile.

I decided to turn my face around to see her, it'd be rude if I didn't look at her while introducing myself. And when I did, she welcomed me with her crystal clear honey eyes. I blinked my eyes once and then the word "beautiful " naturally crossed my mind.

"Ah, um, yes, nice to meet you too. I'm—"

"Let's talk at my workspace in 15 minutes," Akashi suddenly cut me off and I was sure that I wasn't the person he was talking to.

"Alright," she replied promptly. "I will meet you there."

Before I wanted to tell her my name, she already turned back to me and said, "Yuuki Seara. Yuuki-san, isn't it?"