Impression 5

Rakuzan

After I got the chance to calm myself down during the entrance ceremony, I walked down the hallway with my homeroom teacher, Kazuki-sensei, to head to class 2-A. Yes, my new class, a new world.

But I lied.
I was nowhere near calm.
It was getting worse.
I felt nervous.
I was really nervous.

Even Kazuki-sensei's warm personality didn't help much. We talked along the way. It was fun though. But like I said before, it didn't help much. I kept being nervous. Kazuki-sensei told me a lot about school. He was 20% talking about class 2-A and the rest was all about his high school life.

"Oh, there's one more thing you need to know, Yuuki-san," Kazuki-sensei proclaimed, making me look up at him.

One more thing? That's a relief! This conversation will be over soon and I will have time to gain my confidence back.

"Since you seem to be a reserved person, if you have any questions you need to know, please don't mind asking him. He will be pleased to answer you right away," said Kazuki-sensei with a warm smile plastered on his face.

"Pardon? Him? May I ask who is this person you're talking about, sensei?" I asked him confusedly.

And.... wait. What's with his face?
Why does Kazuki-sensei put such a sudden peaceful look on his face?
Is this related to the person he mentioned before?

"You'll find out who he is soon. Right after you enter the class. And like I said before, he will be pleased to answer you right away," he replied.

"Be friends with them all, okay? Especially, him. I know you'll do just fine—" Kazuki-sensei stopped suddenly and I wondered why.

But then he looked at me and showed me his wide warm smile, "—since you both have the similar ice-cold face, pffh."

…eh?
W-what?
What's wrong with this sensei?
What was that smirk for?
What was that warm smile for??

He gave me creeps. I didn't expect any out of character side coming from the probably-still-in-his-mid-twenties man beside me.

"Y-yes, sensei. I'll try my best to get along with everyone," I stuttered a little, not even ready to compose myself after getting startled by his sudden change of personality.

"Yes, you will," he replied, still with that warm smile on his face. "But I think he'll come a bit late."

I found it hard to say something back so I only nodded to confirm that I heard him.