Impression 11

The Devil

Those red orbs.

I had no choice but to make eye contact with them again.

The longer I stared, the more intense they got.

I started to sense danger in his eyes so I took a step back and moved closer to Hanae, standing behind her back.

"Oh, Akashi-san! You're still here?" Hanae suddenly asked, trying to break the silence. And she just helped me break the eye contact as well.

She was right. I can't face him alone.

Being asked a question that had an obvious answer, Akashi nodded and slightly raised one of his eyebrows again.

"What business do both of you still have here?" he asked unconcernedly.

"Umm, we're actually on our way home. Ja, mata ashita! Osakini deeeeeeeeesu!" Hanae bowed down a little and grabbed my hand, signaling that she had made a stupid excuse so we had to get out quickly.

We walked past him. I didn't realize I had been holding my breath. By the time I would be at least three steps away from him, I could finally have normal breathing again.

Just some more steps and I can—

"We still have to continue our discussion, Seara."

My whole body froze as soon as he called out my first name.

I turned my back to confirm whether it was only my imagination or not and I saw him already facing me.

So he did call me.

He did call my first name...

"Me? But sorry, I have to go home now."

"It won't take that longㅡ"