Chapter 34

~ Quinn's p.o.v ~

I didn't tell my dad goodbye because I knew I would see him a few more times. Like yeah, I said bye to him like any other child would when they would like but not the official goodbye. I didn't want my dad to think he was going to die any day now, I wanted him to believe he was going to beat it.

By time I left my dads room Mark was already almost done with the stitching and I was able to tell he wasn't too happy about it just by the way he cursing under his breath and his body movements.

When we left the hospital he was absolutely furious.

"Quinn, you didn't tell me it was going to be that bad!"
He complained.
"You never asked? And I'm pretty sure I warned you"
"I didn't think getting it cleaned out was going to be painful! I thought it was going to be just water. And I had to get shots!"
"Umm yeah? How do you think they numb you?"
I chuckled.

"I was in so much pain that I actually cried. And you know I don't cry"
"Wow. That's so bad!"
I sarcastically said.

"Just take me home"
He rolled his eyes.

"Hey. I'm sorry, is that what you want?"
I stopped walking and grinned at him.
"You're just saying that so I'm not mad"
He looked back at me.

"Okay"
I looked down and sighed.

"Please accept my apology. I am so sorry for not telling you how painful it was going to be ahead of time. I should of told you and I completely regret it"
I sarcastically said.

"Apology not accepted"
He smirked and continued walking to the truck. I scoffed and followed behind him.

We both got into the truck and it was sorta quiet when I drove him home but not the awkward quiet. It was the enjoyable kind of quietness I guess. At the corner of my eye I was able to catch him staring at me and kinda smiling.

When I pulled up to his house I sat back in my seat. He unbuckled his seatbelt and let out a sigh.

I looked at him.

"I hope your mom isn't too mad about what happened to your face"
I laughed slightly.
"I hope so too"
He looked down at his hands.

"Thanks for looking out for me...I guess"
"No problem" I smile small.
"And thanks for being there today...meaning by the game. We couldn't of won without you"
He says to me. I nodded my head and smiled small.

Before he leaves the car he stops himself and looks at me.

"I forgive you"