Chapter 4

~ Mark's p.o.v ~

I stared at Weston and he stared back at me.

The last time I seen him was last year. It was during baseball season. He's the reason why my ex girlfriend Karley broke up with me. He stole her from me. Not only did he do that but he set me up. His so he calls "friends" tried beating me up. Luckily Joey was there with me to help defend me.

I wanted to say something so bad. I already had thousands of things to say to him in my head already. Thinking about the past and the things I wanted to say built my anger even more and made me want to beat him up.

"I'll see you some other time"
He turned to Quinn and handed her, her phone.

I can feel my chest starting to burn. I clenched my fist. He looked at me and nodded as he stepped back to walk away.

I didn't bother saying anything to her. I wanted to ask so many questions.
Why was he here?
What did he want?
What did he say?
Why was he talking to you?
I got inside the truck and tossed my bag in the back. I started scrolling through my social media to cool myself down and try forgetting everything that happened.

"Just take me home"
I told her as she started the truck. She looked at me and nodded.

*

Weston's p.o.v

"So what'd she say?"
Brennen asked me.

It was the next day and I was still trying to figure out what the hell happened last night. I never thought I would of ran into Mark but I probably should of expected it since she's always at his practices.

"She said no"
I shrugged as I took a sip of my water. I sat down on the bench, watching the others practice.
"Did you keep trying?"
"Yeah. But Mark came by and it got awkward so I just...ended it"
I laughed slightly.
"Ooo Marky was with her"
He snickered.
"It was so weird to see him bro,"
"Yeah yeah, did you keep talking to her or...?"
His voice trailed off. I looked away from my phone and looked at him.
"I'm not gonna keep trying. She said no, that's that."
I clarified.
"What? She's gonna get suspicious if I send another one of our guys out to her. You gotta keep doing it Wes,"
"She's already onto us"
"You have to make her believe you want her"
He was right. The only way she would say yes is if I actually made her believe I wanted her.
"Keep going to every practice. Fuck Mark; we don't need him. Your main focus right now is Quinn and taking her out"
He put his hands on my shoulders. I nodded.
"Keep trying. For the team, right?"
He said.
"For the team"
He grinned and playfully hit my shoulder.

"That's my boy"

*

I sat ontop of Quinn's truck as she walked over. She gave me a dirty look.

"Why are you here...again?"
She groaned.
"To take you on a date"
I slid off the roof of the truck.
"Nope"
She reached over for the door handle but I blocked it by moving in front of it.

"You are by far the most annoying person I have ever met"
"Damn"
I devilishly smirked.
"I'm hoping I could be your first if you know what I mean"
I winked.
"You're so disgusting"
She laughed in annoyance.
"Move out of the way"
"Not until I get an answer"
"Are you stupid? I already gave you an answer about 50 times. No"
She crossed her arms and glared.
"Sorry, i don't take 'no' for an answer"
I said cockily. She tilted her neck and began staring at me. I cocked an eyebrow.
"What?"
"Sorry I was lost in the thought of how fucking annoying you are"
I smirked.
"Thanks princess"
I winked. She rolled her eyes.

"Just say yes. Let me take you out just once"
"I'm not going on a date with you. Besides, is that really the outfit to wear to a date?"
She eyed me down.

I was still wearing my uniform from practice earlier and I was covered in dirt. I shrugged.

"I think it's a wonderful outfit"
She slightly laughed and walked closer to me.
"You know what else would be wonderful? You moving away from the door"
She pushed me away and opened the door and shut it as soon as she got in.
I attempted opening it but she already locked it. She started the truck.

"Quinn please"
I looked at her. She looked at me for a few seconds. She flipped me off and drove off. I sighed as I watched her drive away. Who knew that I'd actually fall for her.