Chapter 19

~ Quinn's p.o.v ~

I sat in my truck, fiddling with my hands. I took a deep breath.

I was at Marian high school. I was starting to feel a little better that Mark knew. But I just didn't want him to find out that way and I would've wanted him to react more calmly. But now I'm stressed because it's gonna spread like wildfire at our schools now.

I rubbed my face and let out a sigh.

"Are you here yet?"
Weston texted me.
"Yeah. Give me a few minutes"
I texted back to him.

The only reason I wasn't feeling so shitty is because I'm seeing him today and I'd get to tell him the good news.

I check my social media. I was getting hundreds of comments and tags on my Instagram. I look through my tags. It was full of pictures of me and Weston together. I didn't even bother looking at the captions.

I got out of the car and put my phone in my back pocket. I walked towards the field. I saw Weston talking to Brennen and Luke. I walked into the dugout.

"You know you don't have to keep acting like you love her right?"
Brennen smirked.
"I'm not acting though"
Weston slightly laughed.
"What, you really love her? Come on stop messing with us"
Luke said.
"Yeah...I'm just messing with you guys"
He shook his head and laughed.
"Damn how are you gonna tell her you've been using her the whole time?"
"I'm not. I'll just let her find out"
"How is she gonna find out though?"
"It'll be obvious when we beat Ridgeway on saturday"
Luke claimed.
"But if she doesn't find out we'll probably break up anyways. Chances of us going to the same university is slim. It won't work"
"True"
Brennen laughed and looked at me.
Weston turned arounded and looked at me.
"Quinn..."
He whispered.
"Of course..."
I scoffed as I backed up a few feet.
"No, no. What the fuck Brennen?!"
He yelled at him.
"You used me?"
"No of course not!"
"Yeah he did"
Brennen patted his back.
"Please tell me this is a joke"
I said as tears swelled up in my eyes. None of them said anything. I scoffed and walked away.
"Quinn"
Weston followed me. I tried fighting back my tears but I couldn't. First my brother, then Mark, now this...

"Quinn please let me explain"
He grabbed my hand.
"Don't touch me!"
I tried to jerk my hand away, but he wouldn't let go.
"Weston! Let me go!"
I yelled at him as I hit him.
"Quinn please believe me. I swear I wasn't using you, I promise. I love you and you know I wouldn't do this to you"
He said hurtfully.

"Why are you still lying? You used me, and you promised you wouldn't tell them what I told you! I chose you before everything, I lost everyone I cared about because of you because I actually thought you weren't as bad as people said you were but they were pretty fucking right"
"Don't say that. I love you so much Quinn, you know that. I would do anything for you"
"Really? I asked you to do one tiny thing for me and that was to not tell your team anything, and you did the exact opposite"
"I'm sorry but- I couldn't let them down"
He scoffed.
"Are you kidding me? How could you do this to me? I literally kept our relationship as a secret I didn't tell anyone about us and do you know how hard that was? I did you a favor and you couldn't do one fucking thing for me"
"What choice did I have? Quinn, it was originally supposed to be me asking you out for information on our first date but I couldn't because I really loved you-"
"I don't even want to hear it anymore. You literally broke my heart. You're so selfish to do that, all you care about is what people think about you. You're just like my brother"

He shook his head and scoffed.

"I loved you so much. I'm literally breaking so much right now because of you. I never felt this way towards someone and you really fucked me over, and I will never forgive you. I lost so many of my friends because of you. I lost everyone I cared for, except for fucking you!"
I pushed him.
"Quinn..."
"I don't even want to be with you anymore, you wasted my time. Don't ever talk to me ever again, you fucking asshole"
"Quinn please"
He pleaded.

I was able to tell he was breaking inside just as much as I was.

I walked away from him.