38//Trust Your Instincts

--DISCLAIMER--
yeah, I don't own teen wolf so. Surprised? Yah same

~~~~~~~~~~

CHAPTER 38

TRUST YOUR INSTINCTS

~~~~~~~~~~

"You guys were right, It's Matt."

This was the first thing that blurted out of Scott's mouth once he set eyes upon Stiles and Crystal. Stiles knew that his friends would eventually come to their senses and trust his instincts, and Crystal made a promise to herself to do that from now on. She had pushed all ill feelings towards Matt away, in hopes that it was just that, a feeling. But no, instead of trusting Stiles and her instincts, she chose to ignore them. She made a mental note to trust herself more in the future, and Stiles.

The thought of her spending a small portion of her time with Matt, who was controlling a psychotic lizard and making it kill people, really freaked her out and taught her a massive lesson. Be cautious and far more aware of her surroundings.

Crystal sighed as she stared at herself in Stiles' bathroom mirror, rubbing her eyes and picking up her dress from the floor. She had decided to get changed out of those terribly uncomfortable clothes before they done any Kanima and Matt hunting, since she could already sense this was going to be a long night. Crystal flicked off the light and walked out of the bathroom and into Stiles' bedroom, where he, Scott and the Sheriff were gathered around last years yearbook, which she wasn't in. How many freaking yearbook's did Stiles own? Now that she thought about it, how did he even get his hands on the two thousand and six year book? She had noticed that Stiles had made a habit of circling suspicious people's faces, so she wasn't surprised when he opened the book to reveal that every single picture of Matt had been circled in red sharpie.

The Sheriff just looked between Scott and Stiles. "So this kid's the real killer?"

Stiles nodded, as did Scott and Crystal. "Yes."

The Sheriff shook his head in disbelief. "No."

Stiles' eyes widened, and he threw his hands in the air. "Yes!"

Mr. Stilinski folded his arms across his chest, giving his son a stern look. "No."

"Dad, come on. Everybody knows that the police look for ways to connect victims in a murder, okay? So all they need to do is look through the transcripts and figure out which class they all had in common." Stiles stood up from his desk chair, frustration and anxiety seeping from the pores of his skin. This, in turn, only made Crystal just as nervous.

It impressed Crystal how much Stiles knew about the 'inner workings of the force' as Stiles liked to call it, but at the same time it didn't surprise her for two reasons; the first being the obvious reason, Stiles' dad was a cop, and the second being Stiles was the nosiest person she had ever met. He listens into his dad's phone calls every other day and reads through his letters as an extra curricular activity. Not surprised.

"Yeah, except for the fact that the rave promoter, Kara, wasn't in Harris' class." Mr. Stilisnki stated.

"Alright, sorry. Then I guess they dropped the charges against him?" Stiles asked, however it was more like he was trying to prove a point. Crystal sighed and walked over to stand beside Scott, her eyes drifting towards the yearbook.

"No. You know what? They're not dropping the charges, but that doesn't prove anything." Stiles' dad said, "Scott, Criss, do you guys believe this?"