Chapter 54

Exiting the room to where Lena was now resting. Damian noticed many people who are close to her, were waiting in the hall. The feeling of pride that his mate had so many people who cared for her overwhelmed him. If the hall was bigger, he was sure more people would be waiting in it.

"How is she?" Lena's mother asks while rushing over to Damian. Her husband, and other family members were right behind her.

Sighing as he runs his hands over his tired face. "The doctor has I.Vs hooked up to her right now, to help keep her hydrated and hopefully help get the temperature down. He also ran some blood test, so hopefully that will tell us something"

"Clair will be here shortly. She would have been here sooner, but had to make some calls. She shouldn't be long" Jared informs Damian knowing already he would ask.

"Can I see her?" Her mother asks with a trembling voice. Though Damian rather wait to speak with Clair before anyone visit with Lena, but knew Lena would scold him for keeping her mother away.

"You may, but she still hasn't woken. But I'm sure she will know you are there beside her" Damian tells her, trying to keep his voice strong. Without another word, she was through the doors, and beside her daughter's bed. Damian couldn't resist taking one more look at his mate before closing the door. He let her mother have some alone time with her, knowing she needed it. Damian knew there would be questions, and was sure he wouldn't have the answers too most of them.

"So, what happened exactly?" Jared started to ask, but quickly changed his question. "Forget that, because we clearly don't know what brought this on. But, if you tell us what you guys were doing last night, maybe we can figure out how or why this accord"

Damien stiffened slightly at Jared's question knowing there's no way in the name of goddess could he ever tell his mates father about last night. Even though Jared wasn't really looking at Damien to notice his posture change, Damian still try to recompose himself so we can get ready to answer his question the best way he could.

"Yeah Alpha Shaw, what were you guys doing last night after our movie?" Blair hums in amusement with a big smile plastered across her face. Damian squinted his eyes at her in warning, and noticed Ashton's hold on her tighten. He leans down to mumble something into her eat, and Blair just rolls her eyes.

"Okay what am I missing? there's something you like to share" Jared tone clipped, as he crosses his arms over his chest. Glaring between Damien and Blair not liking his nieces mocking tone. He knew her well enough that she was taunting Damien. Usually it never bothered Jared much, sometimes he found it very amusing that she can comment so quickly on her toes about anything. But in serious situations he really wasn't in the mood for any joking or games.

Damian took a mental note, that he was going to pay Blair back for this. This wasn't the time for her to butt in with her two cents. Clearing his throat, Damien looks back over to Jared and opens his mouth to speak, but was cut off.

"Nothing's going on Uncle" Blair sighs, knowing her timing was bad on her little mocking question. "I was just teasing Damien, because I help Lena setup her little surprise for him last night" she starts to explain but felt Ashton's body go rigged, thinking she was going to say something that was going to cause a full-out war between her cousin's mate and father.

Damian was too dumbfounded to form words, as he listened to Blair speak. She going to tell Jared something that was very private, and personal about him and his mate. He didn't care that she was blood related at that moment. The anger was building up in him was about to let loose, and he was sure that anyone that looked at him could see he was about to wring Blair's neck.

"So?" Blair says her attention on Damian. He was so full of Rage he didn't hear the rest of her story. Blinking away the haziness from his eyes. He looks at her questioningly, wishing he didn't let his anger get the best of him.