Chapter 24

DONT FORGET THAT THERE IS A STEAMY SCENE IN THIS CHAPTER

.......................................................................

She stood there as Damien looked at her what seemed to be a mixture of frustration, and something else she really couldn't place her finger on. Maybe she hit the spot with what she said, and he knew it. She couldn't stand there any longer waiting for him just to confirm what she already knew. Without wasting another minute, she turns running the opposite direction of him.

Damian stood there listening to Lena's outrageous conclusions about them being paired together. Does she not feel what he feels when they're around each other? Is this her way of telling him that she didn't feel as strongly as he did? He thought to himself. The near thought pain him deeply. Maybe it was time for him to truly tell her how he truly felt about her. He was just about speak when he noticed her running away from him again. Now he had enough, letting a growl rip through him as he orders her to stop. Regardless he wasn't her alpha, he was ranked higher than her own alpha giving her no other choice but to stop in her tracks.

"Will you stop running away for me" he growled annoyed.

"I can't believe you just used your alpha tone on me" she says through clenched teeth balling her hands up in fists.

"Didn't really give me any choice Lena. You keep running away before I can get a chance explain anything" he snapped back at her.

"There's nothing to explain Damien, it is what it is. Now can I please go?" she states raising her chin up.

"No god damn it! Not till I say what I have to say" he roars clearly losing his temper.

Lena didn't bother saying anything, and figured its best to listen to what he had to say. She watched as he runs his hands roughly through his long thick hair trying to calm himself. After a couple minutes he sighs walking over to her, placing his hands on each side of her face making her look at him.

"We are destined to be together more than the fact that I need to protect you, because you are my other half. You are a strong willed woman who can handle anything thrown at her. You're so brave, and thoughtful by always putting others before you. I never met someone with a heart as big as yours. That alone is the reason I fell in love with you. I never thought I could love someone one the way that I love you. I loved you before you knew I was your mate. So if anything the goddess made a mistake by pairing you with me, because goddess knows that you are way too good for me" Damien confesses to her. Lena stood there staring looking for any sign that would show he wasn't being totally honest, but she could tell every word he said was true. Not just because of the bond they share, but in her heart she knew.

"So you think I'm too good for you, and I should be paired with someone else?" She says trying to hide her humor. Damian growled deeply not liking the thought of someone else having what was his. "Too good for me yes, being paired with someone else? Hell no! You're mine and I'm never letting you go. Even if you don't want me I'll chained you to my bed" He states possessively as wraps his thick arms around her tiny frame. Lena reaches up wrapping her arms around his neck smiling at him.

"Seems to me the goddess couldn't find anyone else that could deal with your arrogant possessive ass" she jokes earning a chuckle from Damien.

"I'm glad my ego can handle such negative words from a woman that I so deeply love" He amuses.

"That's because no one loves you like I do to tell you how it is"

"Is that so?" He asks huskily knowing all self-control has vanished once those three words left her perfectly plump lips. The need to mark her was at an all-time high in that moment, and having a hard on wasn't helping him think clearly either.